Rock Fishing

brettmann86

Hey raiders,

a mate who recently had a foot amputated asked me the other day where in close to sydney he can continue to go rock fishing without having to be an acrobat to get to the ledges.. he has a slight limp now with the foot being minused and all but otherwise is fine he just does not want to go scrambling down cliff faces or rickety old ladders to get to the top spots.. and honestly besides the obvious i.e long reef, avoca where you dont half to be half mountain goat i kinda got lost i know some more places by location not by name and i wouldn't mind just giving him a list of where he can keep going.. any help much appreciated cause i know he loves his rock fishing and i'd hate to see him give it up

South Whale Beach on the rocks is an OK spot and easy to access Brett.

Like you most of the other spots I know around Middle Harbour and other beaches would be very inaccessible for your mate.

Hopefully a few other members can post up some other spots that will help

Cheers

Anthony

:)

Between Shark Point & Shelley Beach Baths at Cronulla there are spots just off the Esplanade which are flat and reasonably easy to access. Little Yena at Kurnell is easy to access and is a short walk from the carpark off Cape Solander Point. If he has a 4wd he can access Boat Harbour at Bate Bay and fish the beach or rocks. Hope this helps.

Scoop

Hey raiders,

a mate who recently had a foot amputated asked me the other day where in close to sydney he can continue to go rock fishing without having to be an acrobat to get to the ledges.. he has a slight limp now with the foot being minused and all but otherwise is fine he just does not want to go scrambling down cliff faces or rickety old ladders to get to the top spots.. and honestly besides the obvious i.e long reef, avoca where you dont half to be half mountain goat i kinda got lost i know some more places by location not by name and i wouldn't mind just giving him a list of where he can keep going.. any help much appreciated cause i know he loves his rock fishing and i'd hate to see him give it up

hay

im sorry about his injury but did he atleast catch something cause i love rockfishing.the biggest fih i caught on rocks was a kingfish 92cm...on 14lb

Hey guts thanks for that,

it'll be a couple of months till he's back out fishing the stones but he'll be more than happy to try every single one of those spots..

and just to clear it up he didn't loose his foot rock fishing happened in a acar accident..

just really don't like seeing someone like him give up his fav type of fishing

Yep Nth Marourba at the "dunnie bowl" or "the stakes", fish it on a swell with some Nth in it and you will be safe, good blackfish,pigs, flatties and trevally with the occasional pelagic turning up.

If you don't mind the drive Gerrie Beach nth end you just step up off the sand onto the rock ledge and can provide some good fishing.

Shark Point at clovely is a simple walk with no mountain goating required but watch it in a southerly it can be deadly without looking like it. But great live bait or spinning spot also pigs and blackies.

If your mate is in the eastern suburbs tell him to drop in at Global tackle and ask for me and I'll give him a few spots that will suit.

cheers

mark