Boat Insurance

djmac

Its that time of year for me to renew my insurance, currently through suncorp and its $455 a year insured for 25k.

thinking about trying to find someone cheaper. who do you use?

I am with Suncorp. Insured for $25K just before christmas. Can't remember what it cost me but will have a look toinight. They seemed to be the best at the time.

I will be doing the rounds next year when it is up for renewal

I am also with Suncorp, but I used to work in their Banking Division. I have never had a boat claim, but they performed faultlessly when I suffered storm damage to the house recently. That is the real test of any insurer.

With GIO as well. I have 3 months layoff and pay just under $300pa for $30K cover. I'm about to take the winter months layof off though so I can use it whenever. Can just see me forgetting and have a Murphy at the wrong time.

Wombat :1fishing1:

I am with club marine.. When I first bought the boat the were the cheapest for me..ANd they cover for bag intake and fishing gear and so forth. Plus I like getting their magazine :thumbup:

With GIO as well. I have 3 months layoff and pay just under $300pa for $30K cover. I'm about to take the winter months layof off though so I can use it whenever. Can just see me forgetting and have a  Murphy at the wrong time.

Wombat  :1fishing1:

45795[/snapback]

Is your boat still insured for theft and other damage during the lay off period??

I am with club marine.. When I first bought the boat the were the cheapest for me..ANd they cover for bag intake and fishing gear and so forth. Plus I like getting their magazine  :thumbup:

45829[/snapback]

Im covered by Club Marine also, is it standard for them to cover fishing gear.

cheers

Im covered by Club Marine also, is it standard for them to cover fishing gear.

cheers

45923[/snapback]

It was back then.. I dont think it is much. I think to the value of $500.. Fishing, diving and waterski gear unless otherwise stated on the statement... But there are conditions.. Its only if it is lossed or damages whilst using it, or forcible entry into the boat ha occured...

Hi Fishos,

I have just resigned my insurance today with Club Marine. They were the best value for money as I have been with them for years.

They do cover fishing gear / personal belongings but only to the value of $500, if you want extra insurance for your fishing gear you have to draw up a list with make, model, serial numbers, price, receipt and they will only pay if you can prove forcible entry.

Which means if you leave a rod in the boat while you go to get the car at the ramp and the rod goes missing :1crybaby:

Peahead