Hawkesbury River

bigfella86

Hi all first ever post, im thinking about heading to the hawkesbury river on monday 6th sept just wondering has anyone fished there lately and how you went? also was thinking if the swell is kind to us we might head to long reef any info on how these two have fished recently would be great.

thanks guys

Hi all first ever post, im thinking about heading to the hawkesbury river on monday 6th sept just wondering has anyone fished there lately and how you went? also was thinking if the swell is kind to us we might head to long reef any info on how these two have fished recently would be great.

thanks guys

Hi bigfella86,

Welcome to fishraider :1welcomeani: . The railbridge in the Hawkesbury River is a top fishing spot to try. One tip with the hawkesbury river if the catfish are in numbers use paternoster style rigs. Keeping your bait off the bottom keeps the catfish numbers down to a minimal. Good luck :1fishing1:

pongrass18ft

yeh fished the hawkesbury saturday night, near the rail bridge, got a couple of nice bream in between a couple of dozen eel n catfish, wish it was the other way around, but thatll never happen, been trying to tangle with a hairtail in jerusulem bay n cowan for the past two months, but that never happened also, has anyone caught any this year.......

Mine go back dead. And they should all be going back dead.

Couldn't agree more for those that fish the Hawkesbury often enough all feel the same way.

Would like nothing more than to see a catfish comp with the winner being the one who brought the most back dead.

However, there are many who believe respect should be shown to all living creatures......

I just think they shut down the system like carp.....

Edited by BreamChaser

Couldn't agree more for those that fish the Hawkesbury often enough all feel the same way.

Would like nothing more than to see a catfish comp with the winner being the one who brought the most back dead.

However, there are many who believe respect should be shown to all living creatures......

I just think they shut down the system like carp.....

Just curious....the people getting plagued in Catfish numbers are you fishing directly on the bottom? My last trip I was fishing 1 to 1.5m off the bottom and managed to keep the catfish at bay scoring two jewies on whole squid. Hope this helps.

pongrass18ft

Just curious....the people getting plagued in Catfish numbers are you fishing directly on the bottom? My last trip I was fishing 1 to 1.5m off the bottom and managed to keep the catfish at bay scoring two jewies on whole squid. Hope this helps.

pongrass18ft

Thanks. I'll try that next time I go out.

pongrass18ft

oh yeh there definantly all on the bottom, if i catch one on a soft plastic intended for a flathead i think ill lose the plotinsane.gif