Southern Sydney Reds

piratin

fished down south of port hacking thursday as the weather forcast looked ok. Got an early start as we wanted to start fishing at six and had a twelve mile run down coast. water looked really good as we were running down, as we noticed blue bottles, plenty of bait and birds.Our last couple of trips the water has been green etc. We wanted to fish he change of tide at seven and as soon as we arrived we were catching reds.

we intended to have a drift which would allow us to have a look on sounder for bait etc and then we would drop the anchor and berley, however we just kept hitting fish so we did not get around to dropping the pick.

We have been using japanese jigs over the last two years with great success. I think you can see the jigs in one of the photo's attached. They have been very aggressive, belting them on the way down as well on the way up. The jigs also allow you to cover alot og ground in a days fishing so they are worth thinking about. We have caught all reef fish including kingies on them.

We had our bag limit by eight thirty which was twenty reds. One of those days that makes it all worthwhile.post-7298-021182200 1286099837_thumb.jpgpost-7298-019600400 1286099965_thumb.jpg

Hi mate. no just slow with a fluttering action. But on the drop they belt them as well. so in free spool they are dropping fairy quickly. Once you hit the bottom just bring it up thirty metres and start again. Dont bring it all the way up.

Shimano engetsu 90 grams. They are expensive and you can lose a few if you drop them in the wrong spot eg jackets etc And you need to re rig them constantly as the skirts etc tear however it is exciting fishing.

Edited by piratin

lovely snapper mate :thumbup: got me self some lucanus jigs wanna give them a go real soon :1fishing1:

ivz350,Good stuff mate lucanus jigs work excellant.Buy some spare hooks and tenticles though as the bloody jackets give em a hard time.What i found works a treat is the pink?white in 60gms :thumbup:

fished down south of port hacking thursday as the weather forcast looked ok. Got an early start as we wanted to start fishing at six and had a twelve mile run down coast. water looked really good as we were running down, as we noticed blue bottles, plenty of bait and birds.Our last couple of trips the water has been green etc. We wanted to fish he change of tide at seven and as soon as we arrived we were catching reds.

we intended to have a drift which would allow us to have a look on sounder for bait etc and then we would drop the anchor and berley, however we just kept hitting fish so we did not get around to dropping the pick.

We have been using japanese jigs over the last two years with great success. I think you can see the jigs in one of the photo's attached. They have been very aggressive, belting them on the way down as well on the way up. The jigs also allow you to cover alot og ground in a days fishing so they are worth thinking about. We have caught all reef fish including kingies on them.

We had our bag limit by eight thirty which was twenty reds. One of those days that makes it all worthwhile.post-7298-021182200 1286099837_thumb.jpgpost-7298-019600400 1286099965_thumb.jpg

Superb catch piratin,would love to put a few like that in the boat next trip down there.Do you bait the jigs or send down and use as is,they definately have the snapper fooled thanks for the info :1fishing1:

a superb effort on the reds young fella we'll be down that way soon to give it a run we got a heap of them jigs from Dunph's with some other odds and ends look'n forward to a fun day on the snapper I'll personal mssg you with more info when we get a date organised..

ivz350,Good stuff mate lucanus jigs work excellant.Buy some spare hooks and tenticles though as the bloody jackets give em a hard time.What i found works a treat is the pink?white in 60gms :thumbup:

awesome i bought the pink/white and the green/gold :thumbup: thanks for the heads up mate :thumbup: