Bloody Decks At 12 Mile

roosterman

well we went out and first stop was the peak..

sounded out and what do we see .... BLOODY Jackets ....:ranting2:

droped downd couple lost gear ..

sounded out again and again... BLOODY Jackets.:ranting2:

moved out to the 12 for tide change..

sounded out.... BLOODY Jackets....:ranting2:

Do you see a theme happening here.:1wallbash:

couple guys were donating some very nice bling and i was luckiest and used el cheapos so the 4 or 5 i donated was ok i suppose but i lost abot 230mtres of braid as at the end i was only just able to get to bottom with couple wraps of backing on spool.

post-2219-033026200 1286112728_thumb.jpg

the jackets were 40-50 metres deep and wide in huge patches..

we marked a nice show of kings and right beside them .... yes the pirranas of sydney...

we set a drift and i took that pic of my spool as i was nearin the bottom.

about 15 - 20 metres on way up i come up solid and im on..

mates on as well.

woooo hoooooo.

we do the kingy 2 step crossed lines etc and he swings a rat aboard. mmm not good sign but i call mine for a keeper & mines giving a good acount of itself..

i soon get color and its a keeper at 73cm :1punk:

another rat gets swong aboard then we lose the school..

we marked a couple small patches amongst the plague of jackets but they were moving around alot.

i kept trying a couple more drops but with such a low amount of line was too hard so i baited up on me livey rod.

donated some traces and big fresh greeneyed and cuttles..

then as i was bouncing my twin strip baits i got snagged up.

mmmm up drag from 4kg to 7kg thumb spool and straight rod it up..

free,mmmm bit heavy so might have bottom...

no maybe big cuttle..

after a couple minutes it give head shake and under heavy drag i pull up a 83cm skinny kingy..wtf.:1yikes:

so be warned if ya going out,get cheap jigs plenty of spare line and prey to the fishing gods as its hard out there off sydney and also down the coast from what ive heard..

the 73cm king weighed 4kg and the skinny 83cm 5kg ..

post-2219-095147400 1286113858_thumb.jpg

good luck to those going out...

cheers...steve.....

Edited by roosterman

Looks like another year for tackle shops to make a killing selling to anglers that get mugged by the leathers. You didn't land any of the jackets Steve just to see the sizes or even for a feed? If your going to donate gear to the pack you might as well take a couple to sacrifice on the BBQ.

Regards Jeff

Looks like another year for tackle shops to make a killing selling to anglers that get mugged by the leathers. You didn't land any of the jackets Steve just to see the sizes or even for a feed? If your going to donate gear to the pack you might as well take a couple to sacrifice on the BBQ.

Regards Jeff

we did jag a couple of the buggers...

first one was real small and the one i kept my mate didnt want it and nearly returned it back to destroy some more gear :ranting2::mad3: .

i quickly informed him jester would be upped a million percent and never let him live it down so i got to keep it :074:

there was no way to escape them except fish somewhere else as they were soooooo thick..

i will have my revenge meal tonight and savour every bit to appease the $100 odd worth of gear i lost...

i felt bad for other guys as i come out heaps better gear wise,one guy must of been in double figures :byebye: ...

i unfortunately left my jacket rigs at home,spewin as i knew there was heaps of jackets around all week up and down coast..

:1Lighten: maybe we should organise a jacket bag out comp and the winner gets a bag of jigs :074:

if they wernt so tasty it would be a crime.... mmmmm revenge is best served on a plate :biggrin2:

cheers...steve.....

Edited by roosterman

couple guys were donating some very nice bling and i was luckiest and used el cheapos so the 4 or 5 i donated was ok i suppose but i lost abot 230mtres of braid as at the end i was only just able to get to bottom with couple wraps of backing on spool.

we marked a nice show of kings and right beside them .... yes the pirranas of sydney...

mates on as well.

woooo hoooooo.

we do the kingy 2 step crossed lines etc and he swings a rat aboard. mmm not good sign but i call mine for a keeper & mines giving a good acount of itself..

we marked a couple small patches amongst the plague of jackets but they were moving around alot.

i kept trying a couple more drops but with such a low amount of line was too hard so i baited up on me livey rod.

no maybe big cuttle..

after a couple minutes it give head shake and under heavy drag i pull up a 83cm skinny kingy..wtf.:1yikes:

so be warned if ya going out,get cheap jigs plenty of spare line and prey to the fishing gods as its hard out there off sydney and also down the coast from what ive heard..

cheers...steve.....

Good to see a few kings come aboard after all that effort. :thumbup: .

We definately need a leatherjacket comp i,ll definately be in for that one They definately make offshore fishing expensive don,t they :ranting2: .

we did jag a couple of the buggers...

first one was real small and the one i kept my mate didnt want it and nearly returned it back to destroy some more gear :ranting2::mad3: .

i quickly informed him jester would be upped a million percent and never let him live it down so i got to keep it :074:

there was no way to escape them except fish somewhere else as they were soooooo thick..

i will have my revenge meal tonight and savour every bit to appease the $100 odd worth of gear i lost...

i felt bad for other guys as i come out heaps better gear wise,one guy must of been in double figures :byebye: ...

i unfortunately left my jacket rigs at home,spewin as i knew there was heaps of jackets around all week up and down coast..

:1Lighten: maybe we should organise a jacket bag out comp and the winner gets a bag of jigs :074:

if they wernt so tasty it would be a crime.... mmmmm revenge is best served on a plate :biggrin2:

cheers...steve.....

haha, count me in the jackets comp :thumbup:

mates on as well.

woooo hoooooo.

no maybe big cuttle..

cheers...steve.....

well done on the kings mate