Could Have Bagged Out Again

Piss'n'Broke

Submitting this report on Gregs behalf. He launched late last night (1145pm) for some squid. By 4am he had 14 odd onboard so things were looking promising. With enough squid he took off to get some yakkas to add to the collection. For a change he stayed in middle harbour and glad he did :biggrin2: .

First spot he hit 2 kings within 5 mins of anchor a 68 and a 72, it shut down for a while till the tide started to flow then all hell broke loose!!! For the next hour he didnt have time to grab a beer or light a smoke as double and triple hookups were occuring as soon as baits were lowered down. Or his back was turned, whichever came first.

They were hitting squid and yakkas alike with gusto, final tally for the day was over 11 landed(68-83cm), pulled hooks on another 4 as he missed the strike and or struck early and 2 sambo's caught also.

He also ran into another new raider out there today(sory mate Greg forgot your name) but please excuse him as he was on the water for over 12hrs, and a BIGGGG thanks for the beer you gave him back at the ramp :thumbup:. Ohhh and to this un-named raider I think Gregs my brotheres dementia is kicking in early :1prop: ,,,,,,did you like his mobile? Its a dinosaur aye? Told you he cant take pics lol.

So for all who are have trouble locating the kings, keep persevring they are definately back and in good numbers considering its october and should only get better.

To the raider who Greg cant remember your name sorry(drop me a PM) as he said your still learning the ropes but we are happy to show you.

Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg

I have been watching them on the surface for the last 3 days. Got the boat back in the water on sunday. They were stacked up from 15 meters to 10 meters. Prob 25-30 hard returns at one spot. Just my luck i have a 4 week contract starting tommorrow. WEekends only and i hate fishing week ends.

I have been watching them on the surface for the last 3 days. Got the boat back in the water on sunday. They were stacked up from 15 meters to 10 meters. Prob 25-30 hard returns at one spot. Just my luck i have a 4 week contract starting tommorrow. WEekends only and i hate fishing week ends.

Nice catch mate, any pics?

Na no pics, another few weeks and he will have the ability to take photos :biggrin2: .

He was out again today, not as good but got himself another 2 rats

Dan

Think we may have seen him out there, we lost most of our squid to pickers, killed a couple of live ones too which gets pretty annoying!

Nice catch mate, any pics?

No wasnt fishing, just got the returns on the sounder, arches galore.

am very jelous of your ability to find success! I was fiddling with my downrigger today but covered most of the popular spots on the main harbour for nothin. will hit middle harbour on tuesday with all these nice reports coming from there. Can i ask if its below the spit? my petrol cant really take me further than the spit if i launch from rosebay + run by north head for the salmon/bonito. If its above ill prolly have to launch from tunks instead.

To the dude who asked about the bonito, just troll a metal slug and/or a minnow around northhead and u'll be sure to get one.

Stefan

am very jelous of your ability to find success! I was fiddling with my downrigger today but covered most of the popular spots on the main harbour for nothin. will hit middle harbour on tuesday with all these nice reports coming from there. Can i ask if its below the spit? my petrol cant really take me further than the spit if i launch from rosebay + run by north head for the salmon/bonito. If its above ill prolly have to launch from tunks instead.

To the dude who asked about the bonito, just troll a metal slug and/or a minnow around northhead and u'll be sure to get one.

Stefan

Stefan its west of the spit, so I would launch from in middle harbour not rose bay, or else you wont have enough petrol. Best of luck with it but you shouldnt need it if your downrigging live squid :thumbup:

Furthermore I think you have us mistaken for someone else in that PM, as neither myself nor Greg and have ever made any fishing dvds or our own show. But my apologies for not getting back to you yesterday, was working my A$$ off yesterday for a change as usually I post at work on my iphone when Im bored.

Happy hunting.

Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg