Botany Bay 29.12.2010

jim bream

Hi raiders first fishing trip for the season and what a session bream more bream and even more bream they just kept coming and coming we anchored in one spot and that was it 18.3 degrees of water 3.2m in depth and the interesting thing was the number of blue nose bream and what bait they were taking i don't recall catching any blue nose bream this time of the year now this is a first for me nearly all the bream were caught on chicken breast fillet they just loved it rather than the yabbies very strange any way 43 fish and one octopus was the total fair few bream over 35 cm cheers Jim Breampost-6195-022592100 1293585432_thumb.jpgpost-6195-048963500 1293680627_thumb.jpg

post-6195-045298800 1293585335_thumb.jpg

post-6195-008804000 1293585378_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim bream

Hi raiders first fishing trip for the season and what a session bream more bream and even more bream they just kept coming and coming we anchored in one spot and that was it 18.3 degrees of water 3.2m in depth and the interesting thing was the number of blue nose bream and what bait they were taking i don't recall catching any blue nose bream this time of the year now this is a first for me nearly all the bream were caught on chicken breast fillet they just loved it rather than the yabbies very strange any way 43 fish and one octopus was the total fair few bream over 35 cm cheers Jim Breampost-6195-022592100 1293585432_thumb.jpg

well done cheers bangus

yer good 1 mate but do you really need all o0f them?catch and release is todays fad

ye i practice catch and release in Sydney harbor or if the fish that has three eyes and the under sized fish i released 20 fish but i did have other people on the boat today i kept 2 fish for my self 4 for my mother and 4 for the pensioner next door the rest the boys took and good on them they with in their rights to do so if you want to catch and release good on you if you feel good about it i feel good about giving them away and have being doing for years. cheers Jim Bream

Awesome catch Jim bream :thumbup:

Catching bream is top fun and they are

sooo delicious.

Thank you for sharing with us your catch.

BTW if you are driving past Wetherill Park

and you notice a big cloud of dust and cobwebs

Thats me working on my boat! lol

<BR>I have seen a couple post now that had a haul of fish with a bag limit and it was a matter of time it got up someones nose, i thought maybe i was the only one that got descriminated. I can't understand why should it bother any one if you are catching fish within the legal limits. Its people like that...which one day we would spend all this money on boats, fishing gear, petrol, bait or sp and not be able to take a feed of fish for our familys. I respect the people that catch and release but they should also respect people that want to keep their legal catch and if they don't, then they can get that anoid with themselves and jump off the hobour bridge as far as i am concern. Fishing site forums are great because you get to know whats out there at the time, especially Fishraider because it's not only a forum but alot of fishos have made many freinds. Fishos don't have to post all their catch if they want to keep it a secret, so we should be gratefull to people like Jim Bream is letting us know with proof that the bream are out there. I had to say my opinion on this topic because i keep bag limits when i feel like it and don't when i don't need them. I personally will not show ( all ) my catch again but only to fisheries and the bellies of my family and friends. Cheers cg and have a merry xmas to all fishraiders and good luck fishing in 2011.

Hi George and well said ive being looking for weeks for a fishing report on bream in botany bay with no one posting which i feel is a let down for every body i did not no what to expect just read the conditions and went reports help every body here and that's what the site is for .

you have converted me to bait............

not sure whats happening but the sp's isn't geting touched!!!

maybe water too cold still ><

well done!!!!!

i would keep them all too!!

no fish for 7months lol

I with you, sps are great for having some fun with Bream but if you want to bag out go for bait.

Edited by Groper

Well done Jim a great catch for you and co. :thumbup:

I also dont post all of my fishing trips anymore, its sad

when you are within the law, and certain people try and make you

feel bad coz you had a good day. :thumbdown:

Good on you for sharing some of your catch with your elderly

neighbours, :thumbup: I do they same with mine as they are too

old to fish anymore, and too poor being pensioners to afford to

buy fresh fish.

cheers

Edited by penguin

Well done Jim a great catch for you and co. :thumbup:

I also dont post all of my fishing trips anymore, its sad

when you are within the law, and certaing people try and make you

feel bad coz you had a good day. :thumbdown:

Good on you for sharing some of your catch with your elderly

neighbours, :thumbup: I do they same with mine as they are too

old to fish anymore, and too poor to being pensioners to afford to

buy fresh fish.

cheers

Hi penguin most of the boys don't post any more because of the comments made and to tell you the truth i was going to do the same but no i will keep posting every time i go you please some and don't others and that's the way it goes this site needs people to post so i ask every keep posting regardless how big or small your catch is to keep the site interesting and to leave a good comment for the person who posts cheers Jim bream

Folks, I do hope you will NOT allow these people to drive you away from here.

As someone else suggested, the point of this forum is precisely the sharing of information, expertise and, occasionally, tales of good luck (or better management!)

As a long-time fisher who is probably one of the worst and least successful anglers in Australia, I find the stories of big catches interesting And instructive.

Yes, I got annoyed recently when I saw the size of the catch that Cungee George and his mate scored on or near the Hacking. But guys, it was jealousy, not political correctness, that had me spitting :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am delighted to see that a Mod has drawn attention to the rules - if not actually read the riot act - and think firmer action should be taken against the negative commentaries to ensure that people Do feel free to tell their stories here and share their knowledge.

I don't post much because I don't catch much and have little knowledge to share. (Though I would if I did if I could...) But I enjoy reading about techniques and success in the areas I am able to reach.

So please, Keep Posting!

g.

Edited by Fezza
breach rule #3