Hacking Jew on plastics

Morgs84

Gday Raiders

Been without a boat for a while so ive spent the last 3 days fibreglassing holes in dads 25yr old canoe.

this morning i tested out my handywork heading out about 2hrs before top of tide. no leaks so far i was off to a good start :1boat:

chasing flathead i had a gulp minnow 3 inch in nuke chicken on . 10pnd braid 10pnd leader and was drifting a drop off near gymea bay. couple of flicks in i feel the line go heavy and for a few seconds nothing. then zzzzzzzzzzzz a big run followed by 2 more. and a couple of circles around the canoe (not leaking still) a few moments later my first Jewfish was in the net. its not a monster but my first. my hands were shaking and heart was pumping,

at some stage i lost my net over the side and didnt even realise :074: i was too excited

Without a net and the sun getting hotter i headed in looking forward to dinner !

i wont forget this ever!

Cheers

Morgs

post-13172-051402800 1296698162_thumb.jpg

post-13172-071797300 1296698335_thumb.jpg

great catch there morgs. i find it amazing that fish will take anything. reading these reports its all about

that special bait or the right set up. i guess it's more about being at the right place at the right time.

i watched a show on fox, and GT's were taking plastic bags as lures. go figure.

hope to catch my first jewie tonight at gladesville

cheers shifty1

Gday Raiders

Been without a boat for a while so ive spent the last 3 days fibreglassing holes in dads 25yr old canoe.

this morning i tested out my handywork heading out about 2hrs before top of tide. no leaks so far i was off to a good start :1boat:

chasing flathead i had a gulp minnow 3 inch in nuke chicken on . 10pnd braid 10pnd leader and was drifting a drop off near gymea bay. couple of flicks in i feel the line go heavy and for a few seconds nothing. then zzzzzzzzzzzz a big run followed by 2 more. and a couple of circles around the canoe (not leaking still) a few moments later my first Jewfish was in the net. its not a monster but my first. my hands were shaking and heart was pumping,

at some stage i lost my net over the side and didnt even realise :074: i was too excited

Without a net and the sun getting hotter i headed in looking forward to dinner !

i wont forget this ever!

Cheers

well done mate i went out this morning and got a 58cm on plastic my first eva jew fish if u dont mind could tell me how to put pics up as i would like to show everyone clearly one of the best days ive had any info would be appreciated

Morgs

G'day Morgs,

Nice jewie and on an SP as well.

There are more than a few envious people seeing this bcos getting them on plastic takes quite a bit of doing.

Amazing the things we lose track of when we get excited over fish - the nets, rods, all sense of time, the fact that we are married, have kids, work starts in an hour - you name it, we've lost it.

People speak to us and our eyes are glazed over - bcos we are still in the boat with that jewie still on the line, or another BIGGER jewie peeling line - and then our manager says

"OY"!

"Wake up and stop making them zzzzZZZZZZ sounds....You're not having another FISHING dream are you ?".....

...and wee sheepishly get back to work...

Looking forward to your next post...

Tony

Gday Raiders

i wont forget this ever!

Cheers

Morgs

Great work morgs.I,ve seen some crackers caught from that area in the last 12 months,i fish there quite often for my bream.

chris