top water session botany bay

Breambucket

Hey guys!

Hit the bay solo friday arvo and was keen to hit kernel but but once i cam out of the channel and into to bay and the chop was startin to get real bad so i decided to stay around towra just incase it really blew up and i wouldnt of got too wet :wacko:

Decided to give poppers a go over the shallows as it was over cast and windy. I was only set up with the light gear 3lb fireline 3lb leader so i backed the drag off a little more than usual :biggrin2: , Within 3 cast i hooked up to a mice fish in knee high water and boated my first bream on a popper going 35cm :thumbup:

20jina0.jpg

A few more drifts went buy and lost a popper that must of been a cracker of a fish because i couldnt turn its head and it dug its head into ribbon weed so i had no chance to get it out :ranting2: rig back up and nect cast i get smashed again but this time it was sonethin a little different! i would of only be in around 3ft of water and it went like the clappers takin run after runs and being by myself i couldnt chase it so the boat eventually run ashore and the fight continued... after seemed like for ever i finally got some line back then off again! I didnt like my chances but i kept on goin and landed in the boat my first king in the net

b8n0g1.jpg

it deffently wasnt huge but in less than 4ft of water and on the light leader i was over the moon :yahoo:

Un stuck myself off the sand :) and back out again for a few more drifts catching a few bream around 30cm then these 2 guys within 5 min of each other

2mnrnr4.jpg

2mg702q.jpg

The wind picked up more so i decided to head in happy with myself even if i did loose 4 poppers in the process lol

All fish were on either the bushy poppers or the new berkley ones with 1-3kg rod 3lb line and leader

Thanks for reading guys

Pete

That's a top effort on the light stuff mate! :yahoo:

Well done on landing the little kingy especially. Stiffy poppers have been accounting for dozens of whiting down here at the moment as well.Keep the reports coming mate :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Whoa Breambucket - what an amazing session - thumper bream and a kingy on poppers too!!

Might give the topwaters a go tomorrow morning if it doesn't rain. Have seen kingys in the shallows off Quibray Bay - might chuck a popper out to it next time :biggrin2:

Pete - what a cracker of a session :thumbup: . You are certainly doing well in the new boat. Congratulations on your first kingy on a popper :yahoo: , I am yet to achieve that goal. I hope the top water bite is still on tommorrow morning, it should be a good overcast day with some showers keeping many boats off the water :biggrin2: .

OMG!! :1yikes: That is an AWESOME session, BB!!! :yahoo: You have really been spoiled on your first, second, third, fourth etc bream on popper!!! A terrific result!! And to land a kingie as well!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Shame the biggie buried you in the weed & busted you off - that happened to me a little while back - & a buddy said to just open the bail up (assuming you were out on the flats) & get over there to the fish, instead of putting too much pressure on him with the light gear - then have another go, as he'd probably have left the weed by the time you reached him!!

Well done

Roberta

Excellent effort there.Once you get the top water bug your hooked for life.Nothing better than hearing a fish

slurping your lure.Try some sunline rockfish flouro it is very strong but it doesnt float like mono.Been using

4lb on my pencils and its been very reliable.

cheers...Roy