What a mixed bag!

wacko

A very, very big day!!!!

Start at 1am.....dong some fresh live squid in quick time.....get to Jew spot at 2am....catch jewies....

6am, blast out to continental shelf and put lure spread out......time now is 8.30am.......lures get totally smashed by TWO marlin at 9am.....double hook-up but first fish throws lure from it's bill.....

Still connected to other marlin......it jumps 10mtrs from boat and we identify it as a nice Blue marlin of approx 350lb!......9.45am, I grab leader and pull marlin to boat...still not ready goes for a power dive and we are still fighting the Blue........

10.15am, I grab leader again and this time we get lure and release an awesome fish!! Fish swims away and Drazen is stoked cause' it's his first 'captured' marlin. :thumbup:

11am.....deep drop at browns mountain.....catch ooglies like Gemfish, Ocean perch etc. Blue Eye cod today are quiet.

1.30pm Resume trolling.........

3pm, I spot a free swimming marlin. We get close enough and troll around it for no hook-up.

Marlin is still there so we drive boat slowly to fish and I cast popper 6ft away from it's nose.

Marlin races to popper but does not eat it. Goes underwater and is never seen again.

This time I filmed the whole scenario.......only part missing was the fish eating the popper!! doh!....next time...

Time now is 5pm.......no more action on the troll.....blast to secret inshore snapper spot.

First drop, Trevally then Snapper, Flathead, Pike, Morwong.

6pm.....hook onto much bigger snapper. Line is zinging from the reel. 14lb leader gets hammered onto reef....lose fish.

6.30pm......pack up and head back to boat ramp inside the harbour.

Totally knackered, but well worth it! :thumbup:

Asleep at 10pm......dreaming of Big snapper lost and unidentified marlin on double-hookup and marlin that did'nt eat popper!! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Wacko.

P.S- I might edit that marlin/popper footage and put on you-tube for those keen to watch.

Rob's Jew

post-13416-001917900 1300448935_thumb.jpg

Drazen Jewie

post-13416-028810800 1300448951_thumb.jpg

Drazen Fighting marlin

post-13416-048354700 1300448969_thumb.jpg

Marlin ready for leader. (Thats a 14inch lure hanging there, gives indication to size of fish)

post-13416-002826600 1300448990_thumb.jpg

Nice pan size snapper

post-13416-090314400 1300449005_thumb.jpg

Mixed Bag fish box

post-13416-078886000 1300449018_thumb.jpg

Wacko.

Mate, u can do all that in one day. Were the planets, moon phase, water temp, barrometre, wind and tides all at their optimum or u just decided to go fishing for the outing ???????????

Awsome day.

The President.

Edited by The President

Great work jack & crew.awesome day fishing.jack u truely r a top allround fisho mate,u remind me of neil tedesco cos of ur versitility in fishing.u set ur targets & always acheive wat u set out to catch.well done.keep the posts coming & i hope i get the chance to fish & learn frm u 1 or more times. cheers johnny.

mate do you have a son? and do you land at tunks park? i think you may have helped me one day with your battery when my starter motor broke down at the boat ramp (worst day of my life) if so thanks again for the assistance

i think that might have been us mate.

i believe you boys were just about to go out on a jigging session?

i think that might have been us mate.

i believe you boys were just about to go out on a jigging session?

haha yes that was us. there was absaolutely no jigging that day, went back home and straight to bed! nice catch by the way mate, awesome way to spend the day.

Thanks for the replies fellas!:) Much appreciated!

We backed it up again on wednesday for another nice Black Marlin of around 120kg's! This time, we were home at a better hour......:)

Cheers,

Wacko.