Any reports yet from Bermagui?

Aqua Monster

No news of tuna from me, but i was down that way over Easter & there were some monster kings around. I saw one from Merimbula wharf that was about 1.2m and there were many reports from different sources of 1.3m kings everywhere. Poppers where the go!

Thanks for the update Sand Groper

Do you normally head down chasing the tuna when they arrive?

Aqua Monster

Hi aqua monster. No, it was my first time down there actually! I fish out of Sydney. I bought an ocean going Grady White 228 to take me to Browns about 2 years ago, but the Tuna run off Sydney in that time has been rubbish! Now I have to sell the beautiful boat, so probably no offshore tuna runs for me at all Doh.

Hope you get some down there. I've read the Stripies are thick down there at moment which is meant to be a good sign for the season - apparently the stripies make a good meal for the YFT!!

Cheers

Sand Grouper

Hi Raiders

Just wondering if anyone has heard any reports yet from around Bermagui

Keen to head down this year to tuna a go

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Aqua Monster

Aqua Monsta be patient my friend keep an eye on the sea surface temps and save yourself some travelling time it all looks good here off Sydney with the birds and so forth when the eddy gets closer it will be all good and you won't need to tow your vessel all that way I too am keen for a crack at the tuna I'd like to have a go of JB this year but I'm not going anywhere without looking at the elements first...cheers Emu

Thanks for the update Kingie Slayer, here's hoping...

Shame u are selling the boat Sand Groper, I too have been waiting the last couple of years for a tuna season out off Sydney

I fish a 7.2m Broadbill out of Sydney, and apart from some gemfish and blue eye have had limited success off Sydney

Fish a lot in a 6.5m Broadbill "Out Wide" which a mate and I own up at Port Stephens

Heaps of Marlin in the summer and no shortage of good Snapper and Kings in the winter, but not the best spot for tuna

Might catch up with you at Bermi this year Kingie Slayer

Aqua Monster

Anyone heading down to Bermagui for the Yellowfin comp this weekend?

Weather forecast is looking pretty ordinary... we'll be onboard Tru-Dee - keen to see if any other raiders are heading down.. anyone ever heard of that comp being postponed?

Supposed to be 110 boats entered.. can't see 110 boats going out in that sort of weather unless something changes between now and then..

Cheers - Secho

Hey Nemu, how goes it?

Any luck on the tuna front off Sydney yet? Heard you guys got a couple of Striped Marlin on Saturday

Hey Tim, hows the new boat going? Andy showed me a photo at the prawns on the pier day, looks pretty good

Aqua Monster

Anyone heading down to Bermagui for the Yellowfin comp this weekend?

Weather forecast is looking pretty ordinary... we'll be onboard Tru-Dee - keen to see if any other raiders are heading down.. anyone ever heard of that comp being postponed?

Supposed to be 110 boats entered.. can't see 110 boats going out in that sort of weather unless something changes between now and then..

Cheers - Secho

Hi Secho,

I am heading down on Friday morning and at the moment will be lucky to fish on Saturday unless the weather changes. I will be fishing from my Seafarer Viking (name IMGOIN2) so will need to keep a close eye on the weather. Our biggest fin caught of Bermi was 47.5Kg so will be hoping to better that this weekend.

Anthony

Hi Secho,

I am heading down on Friday morning and at the moment will be lucky to fish on Saturday unless the weather changes. I will be fishing from my Seafarer Viking (name IMGOIN2) so will need to keep a close eye on the weather. Our biggest fin caught of Bermi was 47.5Kg so will be hoping to better that this weekend.

Anthony

I'm heading down on Friday also to fish the tourny, TEAM BENTSTIK. The pub is looking good for Sat at the moment and mabey Sun too. :beersmile::beersmile: . See what happens.

Cheers Silvo

Had plans to tow the boat down to bermi for the week with my best mate from the country and put him on some big tuna until I realized the comp was on. I'm not sure how much the comp will stir up the schools and effect the fishing for the following week. The weather doesn't look too bad starting Sunday from Syd down to bermi. Might make the shorter trip to JB instead.

I am heading down to bermagui on monday and wil have the next week fishing down there. i was planning on fishing batemans bay on the sunday. the next week after this weekend is looking good. not fishing the comp though.

Hi Secho,

Anthony

g'day 4177,

thats a good sized YFT. did you catch that out of IMGOIN2 OR IMGOIN?

Gday fishos,

This is my first post and made keen fisho I fished bermi for the two weeks leading up two Easter Sundy,Smashed the kings, Landed a 65kg stripe marlin, There was also big marlin around, And the tuna were there but playing hard to catch and find, i spoke to a boat that we had seen out wide and they said about an acre of 50kg to 80kg tuna came up busting the surface all around them but the boat sent them down and they wouldn't take a lure. The fish were all out wide over the 2000mtre mark were the water went from 25 back to 22 in temp. The long liners were bringing in some big yft and plenty of them.

:beersmile::thumbdown::beersmile:

Fishing was tough.. A few boats got 20kg fish & 1 at 35kg. A 489kg tiger was weighed as well as a small broadbill. Hopefully things improve down there.. the bluefin will start to show up soon.

Cheers mike

:beersmile:

Hi Guys,

:beersmile:

We found it tough as well.. Fished a half day effort on Friday afternoon and the only 2 fish landed were Bonito at the 12 mile. Saturday was blown out so stayed in doors as much as possible to keep warm. Sunday we went north to the Kink and landed 2 small Yellowfin which were under 15 kg so released. Stared a cube trail however we got sidetracked and tempted to follow birds busting up only to find dolphins. (big mistake!!) Did not fish the Monday as we needed to get back to work. Had heaps of fun anyway and plenty of :beersmile: Will try JB in the next couple of weeks.