Monster Bream

sambo

hey guys.just like to report a bream i caught around the harbour.went to a spot i usaully catch some decent snapper at (inside the harbour) and im also always using a 12ft rod to cast out the distance needed to reach the drop off.

anyways weather on friday night was looking good so me and a couple of mates went out and sat around having a laugh and with only my rod casted in it wasnt looking to promising.not even 5 mins later i get some pulls on it and bring up a nice 31cm pinky. have another cast and its sitting there for about a hour without a touch so i bring it up and put a big banana prawn and throw it out.

it was getting pretty quite at this stage (12:50am) so the call was made to pack and leave the rods in till the end.so as soon as i get off my chair i notice my rod pulling so i quickly grab it and set the hooks and call it for a soapie jew.as it comes to the surface we all said "yeah its a little jew" as soon as i lifted it out of the water i didnt believe my eyes it was a bream :o the thickness of this bream was the fattest i have seen.i have seen alot of 47cm models but nothing as fat as this.it measured 45.5cms and 2 kilos it was a nice fat healthy bream.so after a couple of snaps i returned the big muma back into the water and she swam off with not a care in the world....

cheers

Edited by sambo1

great looking fish, Mate if you do practice catch and release...... support the fish with both hands when taking a photo, also try not to let them thrash around on the ground they can break fins and scratch eyes that way as well, if you take them home thats another story,

Edited by leonardgid

Congratulations sambo1! What a cracker bream!!! :thumbup:

Be aware that by releasing such a great fish, from now on your catch rate will increase! It's all about karma and balance. Your good deed will not go unrewarded.

Cheers

Peter

hey guys.just like to report a bream i caught around the harbour.went to a spot i usaully catch some decent snapper at (inside the harbour) and im also always using a 12ft rod to cast out the distance needed to reach the drop off.

anyways weather on friday night was looking good so me and a couple of mates went out and sat around having a laugh and with only my rod casted in it wasnt looking to promising.not even 5 mins later i get some pulls on it and bring up a nice 31cm pinky. have another cast and its sitting there for about a hour without a touch so i bring it up and put a big banana prawn and throw it out.

it was getting pretty quite at this stage (12:50am) so the call was made to pack and leave the rods in till the end.so as soon as i get off my chair i notice my rod pulling so i quickly grab it and set the hooks and call it for a soapie jew.as it comes to the surface we all said "yeah its a little jew" as soon as i lifted it out of the water i didnt believe my eyes it was a bream :o the thickness of this bream was the fattest i have seen.i have seen alot of 47cm models but nothing as fat as this.it measured 45.5cms and 2 kilos it was a nice fat healthy bream.so after a couple of snaps i returned the big muma back into the water and she swam off with not a care in the world....

cheers

Great catch,well worth the wait :yahoo: Sure is a well fed bream looks very fat.

chris