NORTHERN BEACHES DRUMMER

slam354

Gooday Raiders

Went fishing this morning and tried a new spot.As the swell was down I took advantage of the conditions and fished a bouldery reefy ledge deployed the bread burley and was using peeled prawns and bread for bait.Very slow to begin with and with the approaching high tide which was 10.00am the bite improved.I landed at least 6 or 7 undersize pigs so at least I thought I was in the strike zone.Then the fish started to bite a few fish reefed me unstopable however managed 3 drummer largest 50cm,41cm and 35cm with a blackfish and trevally thrown in.All in all not a bad day but had to work very hard for them very wet in the end and that wind was horrendous and very hard conditions to fish.

Cheers Steve

post-13936-041382100 1309775167_thumb.jpg

Sweet catch mate. the big one is freakin HUGE! what a stonker. :1yikes: great catch in very trying conditions.

Yes Anthony the big one went hard was only using 7kg line got reefed by him but managed to coax him out of his hole washing him up was a bit of a challenge but I find fishing lighter for pigs improves the bite rate a bit more sporting i reckon.

the second last one at the bottom of the photo looks like a nice size, also did you get them in the wash.

yes mate all fish were caught in the wash on dead flat days I dont bother fishing for them they bite best when there is abit of wash.

great catch, great feed well done !!! I find myslef targeting drummer and blackfish exclusively now....

Thanks George good to see you are getting into them.Perhaps you can teach me a trick or two.Sent you a PM