2 days... 100+ kings? 30kg+? HELL YEAH!

dhype

Very sore mate, esp. My left biceps and lower back.....but its worth it

thats because you are soft Bert ! go eat some concrete !!!! hahahaha !! soft mate soft !!!

You will need to beefcake a bit and harden up before our next trip!

Cheers

Trung

Edited by dhype

I went over in june and fished with epic out of tairuia, Tobz was our skipper and i can"t speak highly enough of him and carl they were awsome! we caught around 100 kings in 3 trips ranging from 15kgs up to 25kgs. we got smoked 3 times on fish around 35-40kgs. plus we got some good reds up to 5kgs that we kept for the plate. if anyone is looking for a great fishing trip this is the place

It was indeed a memorable and amazing 2 days fishing with the 3 musketeers in Trung, Tommy and Pete. A few months ago i replied to Trung's message regarding a 4th fisho willing to join and I have no regrets at all. My biggest kingie was caught in Sydney and weighed 3kg. Toby the skipper asked me if I ever caught kingies before, I said hell yeah but when I said it was 3kg he laughed at me and promised that I will catch at least one 10 times that. My first kingie was caught on a livie and guess what? Toby's prediction was very close, it went 29kg on the scale. And what a beast it was, I was in pain and instead of helping me the boys were laughing at me. Apparently my legs were shaking, but hey there's no proof of that!

A big thumb up to Toby the skipper who worked his ass off the whole day to put us on the kingies.

But the best part of the trip for me is that now I have 3 more friends in my life. I have the reputation of being mischievious, but compare to these guys I'm an angel. If you have your guard down, you'll a smelly in the face......and i had to sleep with 1 eye open!!! Awesome fishing, great company, beautiful part of the world, excellent food....what can you ask for more?

Cheers

Bert

mate - it was great to have another raider onboard with us... hope you enjoyed our company as much as we enjoyed disrepecting your personal air space !! 30 x eggs and non-stop eating over three days is just asking for nasal trouble for others... especially you!

Catch up soon buddy

Trung

Wow great report Trung and thanks for the advice the other day - I have booked already to go in May with the same boys - woooohooooo :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I might pm you soon for some more details if thats ok and will see you in the bay soon!

Dave

Trung is a great dude and he will be more than happy to give you some good tips. Basically, as the kings are in plague proportion any jig of any brand will do the job, so there's no need to buy expensive jigs. Jigs were catching most fish but livies caught the biggest ones. You don't have to bring your own gears as they already have good gears on board - steles and jigging master. But, of course, you can bring your own if you want. I you are flying with Jetstar make sure your rod tube is not more than 1m90, Pete learned it the hard way and had to leave his SP rods in Sydney. One advice man, hit the gym asap as these hoodlums nearing 30kg will test your strength and endurance to the limit!!! Trung couldn't reach his back in the shower, so Pete had to help him....just ask him :)

cheers

Bert

Wow great report Trung and thanks for the advice the other day - I have booked already to go in May with the same boys - woooohooooo :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I might pm you soon for some more details if thats ok and will see you in the bay soon!

Dave

Trung is a great dude and he will be more than happy to give you some good tips. Basically, as the kings are in plague proportion any jig of any brand will do the job, so there's no need to buy expensive jigs. Jigs were catching most fish but livies caught the biggest ones. You don't have to bring your own gears as they already have good gears on board - steles and jigging master. But, of course, you can bring your own if you want. I you are flying with Jetstar make sure your rod tube is not more than 1m90, Pete learned it the hard way and had to leave his SP rods in Sydney. One advice man, hit the gym asap as these hoodlums nearing 30kg will test your strength and endurance to the limit!!! Trung couldn't reach his back in the shower, so Pete had to help him....just ask him :)

cheers

Bert

cheers

Bert

Cheers Bert I can't wait!!!! The gym program has started already. Did you guys take your own gimbals an jigging gloves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Bert I can't wait!!!! The gym program has started already. Did you guys take your own gimbals an jigging gloves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Dave

They have gimbals on board but you will need to bring your own jigging gloves... Just load up on cheapie jigs and assist hooks from Sydney cuz NZ have as many barracoutas as they have kings... It is very entertaining to see how the skipper deals with these buggers once they are brought to the boat!!! You will see what I mean when you get there next year....

For some strange reason , tackle in general is heaps cheaper in NZ but the knife jigs cost heaps more there! Go figure...

Cheers

Trung

hey mate looks like use had a great time how did use go about organising the trip mate did they use have to take your own gear or did tthey supply it i herd u hav to take your own jigs and bout how much did it coast im keen to get overe there so badly

When pondering why all the big Kings are in NZ I had a terrifying thought. What if every time a Kiwi crossed the ditch to move to Australia, one of our big Kings went the other way and migrated to NZ to restore the balance? That would explain EVERYTHING!!!

What would happen if all the Kiwis got sent back? The mind boggles.

Tongue planted firmly in cheek.

:thumbup:

Spanker

When pondering why all the big Kings are in NZ I had a terrifying thought. What if every time a Kiwi crossed the ditch to move to Australia, one of our big Kings went the other way and migrated to NZ to restore the balance? That would explain EVERYTHING!!!

What would happen if all the Kiwis got sent back? The mind boggles.

Tongue planted firmly in cheek.

:thumbup:

Spanker

:Funny-Post:

I Know they would keep the king and send over sheep