chicken for bait

bignev

hi guys have heard alot about chicken for bait so going down to the georges river tomorrow and going to try chicken with parmesan cheese and chicken in tuna oil with garlic to see how it goes :1fishing1::thumbup: and a happy new year to all :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::yahoo: thanks guys wil let you know how i go with pics i hope

Edited by bignev

Anyone got instructions to prepare this killer bait?

Parmesan cheese? do u sprinkle it on top and sprinkle garlie as well? then rub it? Do you need

to add any liquid if not Tuna oil?

What fish eats this?

Thanks

Pretty sure you just cut up the strips put them in a container then generously put parmesan in the container and other ingredients if you wish such as garlic..put the lid on give it a good shake freezer for 1 or 2 night and its done.. it stinks of parmesan when you open the lid thats for sure :thumbup:

Pretty sure you just cut up the strips put them in a container then generously put parmesan in the container and other ingredients if you wish such as garlic..put the lid on give it a good shake freezer for 1 or 2 night and its done.. it stinks of parmesan when you open the lid thats for sure :thumbup:

fridge*

Hi bignev,

I've been using chicken breast for years. Long thin strips with parmi cheese works a treat on bream in particular. Try using fresh not frozen as I find the frozen chicken once thawed can become mushy. Another little trick is to use some thin cotton and wrap it around the chicken once you have put it on the hook, helps keep it on when casting and also from the pickers. I once caught a 4.5kg kingy on chicken gut in the harbour while fishing for bream, different part same animal lol. Hope this helps, good luck!

Daniel

hi guys have heard alot about chicken for bait so going down to the georges river tomorrow and going to try chicken with parmesan cheese and chicken in tuna oil with garlic to see how it goes :1fishing1::thumbup: and a happy new year to all :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::yahoo: thanks guys wil let you know how i go with pics i hope

Nev...Any luck???

I fired off to Narrabeen with a batch, managed a swagger of fish, seemed a much better hook rate than prawns as didnt come off the hook, and seem to appeal to any and more or less all the species in the area... :biggrin2:

Only 1 plateable brim though...Seemed to be little schoolies around ><

I just made up some today gunna try it out tomorrow hopefully couple of tea spoons of garlic n coated the lot in the stinkiest parmy I could find, heres hoping for fish!!

Edited by newbie88

• 2 weeks later...

Just cut up some chicken strips, coated in parmagane cheese and topped with garlic... All mixed and ready for tomorrow morning. Going to try them at Kurnell with the running out tide.

I'll be taking some fresh nippers and prawns just in case

I'll make a report when I return. :)

What about the good old skirt steak cut into very thin strips marinated overnight in oyster sauce and parmesen cheese? On the hook it looks like a very tasty worm. If you don't catch anything, you can then take it home and make a stir fry!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it before I went on my holiday, Tried it at Kurnell for some fun. Kept getting lots of small snapper. All undersize so I went home with an empty bucket, But it worker pretty well. Then froze what I had left and tried it down at Windang on Friday night (in the rain), Caught a heap of undersized bream and a few tailor, all throw backs. But it was pretty good. I'll be using it again for sure. Just need to wait for some bigger fish to bite.

Guest SnaggedAgain

Just wondering if anyone has caught Snapper using marinated Chicken?

Guilty!

And I have seen a dude hooking a small kingie with chicken breast.

I tried scrap meat from the butcher and hooked snapper.

I have been using chicken in parmesan and garlic for the past few weeks. Have had good success off Towra with the bream. Last week caught 9, 35cm+ with the biggest 44cm. A great fight that was!

Being a relative Newbie, I used Chicken Breast and caught a throw back Bream and a Keeper Blue Swimmer Crab at Lilli Pilli, Then the following week, (last Sat), went to Wombarra, rock fishing and within 1hr had 2 x 30cm Bream. More than happy and will be using frequently for now.

Guest SnaggedAgain

I'm intrigued will have to give it a go.

Do you cut it into strips, cubes, chunks?

I would imagine a prawn sized strip woul be ok?

I used chicken strips for my double hook setting and cubes on single. strips on double hook stayed on better when casted far.

make the strip long enough to be double hooked.

Edited by SnaggedAgain

I'm intrigued will have to give it a go.

Do you cut it into strips, cubes, chunks?

I would imagine a prawn sized strip woul be ok?

I have tried all, bit here and there... I would say thin strips seemed to be the trick... :thumbup:

Rigged like a SP with Hook loop exposed. One hit wonder :biggrin2: