long reef

Salami

Yep. Big snapper love live yakkas. and fresh yakka fillet is my favorite bait while targeting reddies and ive recently found the big ones take live yakkas so i always have one down whether fishing for kings, snapper and even while on my flatty drifts now.

Could only get live yakkas past the sweep. They were especially hungry. Are these sweep useful for anything ? Ps if they were good to eat we would see them in the shop and they'd be more difficult to catch.!

I have read somewhere that sweep are edible. so maybe the shops will start selling it. dont know how much they will go for tho

Could only get live yakkas past the sweep. They were especially hungry. Are these sweep useful for anything ? Ps if they were good to eat we would see them in the shop and they'd be more difficult to catch.!

They put up a good fight but basically they are just annoying, one cool thing i did last time I was out off longy was burleyed up really hard and it had them going mental at the back of the boat, stuck my Olympus camera in the water and filmed them, looks really cool !

Have seen sweep fillets at carlingford shopping centre for $15/kg it acually said sweep and not disguised as bream

Sweep bigger than about 28cm are excellent eating. Kill and bleed them and keep them in an ice slurry. Fillet them and then take the skin off the fillet and remove the bones and rib cage, leaving 4 bone free white fingers. I actively fish for them if I can find them around the 30cm mark and prefer there eating qualities to that of snapper. Do not overcook them.