Soft Plastic Session - Sydney Harbour

JordanP

G’day Raiders,

I’ve been reading for a while without contributing, so here’s my bit...

I went out to chasing Flatties the Friday before Good Friday on Sydney Harbour on light gear – 1000 sized reel, 6lb braid, 8lb leader.

I was ready to move on to the next spot when something jumped on and start taking line. He ran to my left, I was close to being spooled so I locked the drag in a desperate attempt to stop him. I won my line back and slightly loosened the drag to avoid it snapping and he made another mad dash to my right. Again I was close to being spooled so locked the drag and turned his head back around. After ten minutes and a few more nervous runs around the rocks and kelp at my feet I landed this fella, took a few snaps and let him on his way.

I’m fairly new to SP fishing but this session has certainly given me the confidence to leave the bait at home...

post-16015-032939000 1333881993_thumb.jpg

G’day Raiders,

I’ve been reading for a while without contributing, so here’s my bit...

I went out to chasing Flatties the Friday before Good Friday on Sydney Harbour on light gear – 1000 sized reel, 6lb braid, 8lb leader.

I was ready to move on to the next spot when something jumped on and start taking line. He ran to my left, I was close to being spooled so I locked the drag in a desperate attempt to stop him. I won my line back and slightly loosened the drag to avoid it snapping and he made another mad dash to my right. Again I was close to being spooled so locked the drag and turned his head back around. After ten minutes and a few more nervous runs around the rocks and kelp at my feet I landed this fella, took a few snaps and let him on his way.

I’m fairly new to SP fishing but this session has certainly given me the confidence to leave the bait at home...

Nice fish well done!

• 4 years later...

The reel is very affordable shimano sienna 1000.

Sent from my couch using Tapatalk

Thanks Savit :)

now to figure out what that rod is.... Closest I can find to it is Jarvis Walker Bullseye but the seat doesn't look the same ....

NP. My guess here is that rod is also shimano due shiny spot on the rod close to the butt/reel. So, it could be part of some budget shimano combo.

I would suggest to PM the question to JordanP, he might receive email notification about your question.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
No typing in non-sponsor business names

It looks like a Shimano Sonic Pro, I got a similar bundle deal a while back but opted for the Sienna 2500.

Looks like you're right! Found a couple for 50 bucks used. Do you think they're ok for an all rounder for the harbour?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Looks like you're right! Found a couple for 50 bucks used. Do you think they're ok for an all rounder for the harbour?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

A big camping store sells them brand new in a combo for $69. Great little combo!

Guys,

If you look better and select reel and rod the price is $99. The first price that you read is only one item, click on the icon that say "combo" and another page open and when you add rod or reel the price change in $99.

Anyway still good price....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk