Cracking hour on the flatties

jenno64

Hit the Georges with some poddies this arvo ready for the run out tide. Just after the turn, I picked up a fat 68cm flatty and let the big girl go Picked up a couple of tailor around 40cm then just as the tide picked up some speed, I nailed 4 flatiies from 45-55cm in a 30 minute hot bite. The fish were all taken in 5-8m of water. It was hard fishing the run out as the nor-easter was blowing agianst the tide. Happy days!!post-4017-092271000 1334315782_thumb.jpg

post-4017-060682300 1334316282_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenno64

Hit the Georges with some poddies this arvo ready for the run out tide. Just after the turn, I picked up a fat 68cm flatty and let the big girl go Picked up a couple of tailor around 40cm then just as the tide picked up some speed, I nailed 4 flatiies from 45-55cm in a 30 minute hot bite. The fish were all taken in 5-8m of water. It was hard fishing the run out as the nor-easter was blowing agianst the tide. Happy days!!post-4017-092271000 1334315782_thumb.jpg

great catch once again, doing well on the georges flatties :thumbup:

Lol there might be something wrong with me !!

But I fish the George's ALOT few times a week if possible plus weekends!

I usually fish fresh prawns and live bloodworms sometimes tubes if I can't get the bloods!

I have NEVER caught a keeper flattie in the George's ! I remember fishing landbased n nailing 2 undersized flatties n they are the only 2 flatties I have ever produced from the Georges n they where jus babies !

I fish from deep water all the way down to botany bay if it's a good day but usually stay between deep water and Como fishing all along ! I can't seem to get flatties!

I get good bream good whiting even sometimes hook soapie Jew with prawns and worms but never the flattie !

Any help/tips to improve my flattie fishing would be awesome guys !

Cheers,

Jez

Jez

Throw the bait away and start using lures/plastics if your land based

what are my chances of getting smashed on a soft plastic during the night pitch black 12am same chances as during the day?

Edited by Spoooled

Jez

Throw the bait away and start using lures/plastics if your land based

I do have a couple of soft plastics n small hard bodies n small poppers etc etc but I really only brought them cause they looked awesome but never really fished with them except once I used a surface hardbody n nailed 15 30cm-35cm tailor in under 20minutes, awesome fun !!

90% of the time I fish off my little boat cruising up n down the George's searching for good looking fishing spots !! So no problem there only problem is the flatties don't wanna play with my gear ... N it's only 6lb braid with 8-10lb FC leader !!

Agreed. Find a good spot start flicking around the weeds and drop offs and if nothing in 30min move on. If flatties are there they will take almost any plastic that lands near them. Sounds airy fairy but once you get your "confidence" up with sp you will start to catch fish and learn very quickly.

You are killing it Rob.. Great catches you have been getting!

At the rate that you are going through these poor poddies you might have to start farming them to keep up!

I don't see that many people use poddies these days as the trend is to use soft plastics.... Going by your results I might have to break out to poddy trap!

Cheers

Trung