Capt Cook last Night

Shaggytrevally

G day all

Can any body tell me if there is a legal distance one boat may anchor from another, because last night i had two boats that did not have the courtesy to keep a suitable distance from my boat. One boat even sat there with his engine running till i finally got jack of them and moved.

Come on fellow boaties show consideration for your fellow boaties for safety reasons as well as avoiding fishing line tangles.

Am happy in the end caught nice bream i will enjoy for lunch today. Was eluded by the jewie this time maybe it was the 30 boats around me that scared them off.

Cheers

G day all

Can any body tell me if there is a legal distance one boat may anchor from another, because last night i had two boats that did not have the courtesy to keep a suitable distance from my boat. One boat even sat there with his engine running till i finally got jack of them and moved.

Come on fellow boaties show consideration for your fellow boaties for safety reasons as well as avoiding fishing line tangles.

Am happy in the end caught nice bream i will enjoy for lunch today. Was eluded by the jewie this time maybe it was the 30 boats around me that scared them off.

Cheers

if they anchored where you are setting baits well a big jew bait and a suitably sized star sinker cast within a metre of their boats should do the trick....if that fails to scare them off, well get a live yakka cast out near their lines and let the fish do the rest (tangles are great).......but im an arsehole when it comes to this sort of thing.

A bit of courtesy does go a long way....i think its more to do with the ignorance of them. If they show me no courtesy well guess what, my yakka will tangle line and when i retrieve it.......snip snip to the lines (and i hand retrieve the cut lines).....only takes me a couple of seconds to re rig. As for anchoring distances, i dont think there are any rules......i guess it comes down to courtesy. i tend to stay away from cc bridge these days.

If they show me no courtesy well guess what, my yakka will tangle line and when i retrieve it.......snip snip to the lines (and i hand retrieve the cut lines).....only takes me a couple of seconds to re rig.

haha good call mate :)

haha good call mate :)

I was at the bridge in position at 4pm with only 1 boat insight.

A couple of hours later the other side looked like a car park .

At 7.45 I had a blistering run that near spooled me.

Then I ended up with 4 boats on top off me.

One decided to park the sharkcat right in front us right where my livies were. Then sharkcat anchored with electric winch -scarring the fish off.........(tosser)

I understand how pissed off you where as I was feeling the same, I did not move my boat for 5 hours, fishing is all about patients. If they want to keep motors running moving back and forward and sit on top of you they should buy a jet ski and f...k off.

No wonder the only guy that got a fish was the guy in the Kyak (no motor running )

Some people are UNBELIEVABLE! They have NO IDEA, NO CONSIDERATION, and NO COMMON SENSE!

I think the worst has to be LOUD MUSIC! Seriously, how do they expect to catch any fish while playing their DAMN LOUD DOOF DOOF MUSIC???

Don't let them get up your nose though. But I do like the idea of the livie! :biggrin2:

Good to hear the idea's and that im not the only one out there that has had this happened. As much as casting a star sinker at them sounds like a great idea, I tend to find it hard to get any of my mates out for a night fish, being by yourself best to avoid aggravating others.

Its just a shame they carry on like this as we are all out doing what we all enjoy lets just enjoy it together with out the drama's would be good, I would have to agree with J hooked the music is just as bad.

Feel sorry for you kyaker's the amount off boats that fly under that bridge without consideration for the anchored boats either side, getting tossed about in a boat is bad enough by these boof heads let alone being in a kyak.

Oh and after my last rant about people with no anchor light, on sat night had a boat anchored in the channel forcing a yacht to have to stop and renegotiate there path even after asking the anchored boat to move out of the channel "politely". the boat in the channel told them NO and to go around them.

in the words of J Hooked "Some people are UNBELIEVABLE! They have NO IDEA, NO CONSIDERATION, and NO COMMON SENSE!"

Cheers Everyone good luck fishing for the big Jewies.

Good topic... I just cant believe how inconsiderate some people can be with their boats. How many times I have been sitting anchored close to a structure and some idiot comes by and instead of going around you to their location or keeping a polite distance, they go soo close and inbetween you. And not exactly slow either. Unbelievable. These people just dont use their brains at all lol..

I was anchored once and this idiot got so close he tangled his engine up into my anchor rope! Freeking Jackass!

If I remember correctly the rules state you must remain at least 30m from other vessels when navigating a waterway. This would include manouvers when anchoring.

Obvously you apply common sense to some locations like moorings which can be pretty close together, but if the rule applies technically then they're still breaking it.

Also happens in Port Hacking, when anchored less than 30 metres from the shore, some of the f*^*wits motor INSIDE me along the shoreline at high speed when on the outside there is nothing for half a kilometre.

Yowie.

I love these topics.

They are a good opportunity to vent our frustrations and expose the darker side of humanity.

I believe people are not necessarily evil.

They are a combination of blissfully ignorant and excitedly pre-occupied.

Combine these two beautiful concepts and you end up with a person that comes across as a total moron to all people affected by his actions.

This will then bring out the negative side of all of us and we end up with "an exchange of pleasantries" between all parties.

These pleasnatiries are the kind of statements where we speculate about their heritage and upbringing....

Also about their fishing knowledge and their taste in boats, social partners and even their physical features....

We even offer to rearrange their physical appearance and their property. Often we even make commitments to repeat these offers every time they come and visit us at our favourite spots...

We're a loving bunch aren't we ?

One guy offered to break both my arms for me and shove them somewhere on my person if I thought that his drifting distance of 10m from my anchored boat was too close.

His 5 year old son was was obviously taking lessons on social interaction....

Lovely example...

Tony