65cm fatty(now with pics lol)

toyrnr

Caught this 65cm flatty this morning at around 1.30am on the high tide on a decent size butterflied tailor. Scoffed the whole thing down.

Cheers Nick

post-8006-079878300 1339394137_thumb.jpg

post-8006-015392400 1339394165_thumb.jpg

I put up this post on my iphone then realised i couldnt upload pics sorry guys

Edited by MALLIOS

Big flattie on a tailor ! LOVE IT! Tailors got to be one of the most underated big fish baits. Most would catch a just legal tailor and not even think to use it as bait. It catches jews, big flatties, sharks and i've heard of big kings too! Also get big bream on the fillets! I swear by it since i got my first jew on one !

Cheers, Tom

Big flattie on a tailor ! LOVE IT! Tailors got to be one of the most underated big fish baits. Most would catch a just legal tailor and not even think to use it as bait. It catches jews, big flatties, sharks and i've heard of big kings too! Also get big bream on the fillets! I swear by it since i got my first jew on one !

Cheers, Tom

Thats true mack attack if i cant get my hands on any yellowtail then out go the tailor which are just as good. Like you said everything eats them. Everything ive caught on yellowtail i have caught on tailor. jews, sharks etc

cheers mate

i got a 71cm one the other night on whole pilchard. i think they like the rain

I think your right ashisnotherman. Maybe they like the murky water i dunno but good on you 71cm man mine looked big in person imagine yours.

cheers mate

nice work your spot seems to produce the fish but r u putting them back or taking em home to eat?

its been doing alright lately man lol i usually take them home to eat if they are decent size but if they are just legal i usually throw them back. Whats the point of bringing home one 40cm flatty or bream. if im gonna eat i want stuff my face on a big fish lol thats what i recon anyways

cheers

IMO its better to put the bigger fish back. i have read several papers suggesting recreational size limits are favouring smaller animals and therefore over time evolutionary forces will cause fish populations morphological features to become smaller. also life history events are changing causing animals to become fertile at a younger age but lowering their fecundancy. this also relates to nets used in commercial fishing. smaller fish can escape the mesh. interesting concepts i must say.

IMO its better to put the bigger fish back. i have read several papers suggesting recreational size limits are favouring smaller animals and therefore over time evolutionary forces will cause fish populations morphological features to become smaller. also life history events are changing causing animals to become fertile at a younger age but lowering their fecundancy. this also relates to nets used in commercial fishing. smaller fish can escape the mesh. interesting concepts i must say.

Yeah, i can understand where your coming from, im studying marine biology at UTS and my demonstrator was talking about impacts on fishes when they are caught and released pretty interesting, a small fact was at protected estuaries fish were 1.3x size bigger then normal fish and fish population were 3x more abundant. (damn procrastination)

ultimately recreational size limits are probably better than none. rather have small fish than no fish at all! i think i know that wharf, i caught a disgusting catfish there and never went back haah.

God I hate bloody catfish lol

ultimately recreational size limits are probably better than none. rather have small fish than no fish at all! i think i know that wharf, i caught a disgusting catfish there and never went back haah.

God I hate bloody catfish lol