Father & Son bonding session..

ritchie

I havent been out fishing in many months mainly due to my day job and the newly started business. Both keeping me busy 24/7.. :beersmile:

However, I was free one sunny Sunday, about a week ago, and thought of taking the little man fishing! he's only 3 years old and we have spent many hours watching fishing shows on TV. so it was about time I show him how its "really done"! :) picked up my lightest/smallest combo set up with 2lb line and the smallest hook I could find, a rusty bait fish hook!

Seth's mum kindly donated a few slices of bread and we've headed down to the local man-made lake..target was Carp.

I have casted out and gave the rod to the little man and what can i say, he was very " reel happy". Couldnt stop but keep on reeling in the line! haha.. had to explain him that we should keep it in the water "until the fishies get hungry and eat the bread"! :biggrin2:

Not even 2 mins after that conversation, I could see the rob jump from Seth's hands and get stuck in the shrubs!! :1yikes: I had to jump in and get hold of it and oh man! whatever was on the other end was pulling it hard and my 2lb line was in struggle town! after about a good 5 mins of mental games with the fish and myself, I managed to pull in this VERY FAT Carp!~ Must have weighed atleast 3-4 kilos and oh boy it has been eating well!

My son was stunned! He helped me to unhook the monster and happily posed for pics! few father and son high fives and the fish was given to an eager by stander who happily accepted the catch (plus I didnt want to kill the pest infront of my son).

It was a good 1hr session with my little man and he's hooked! He said he wants to catch sharks and whales next time! I am all up for it but not sure what mum would think..but..mehhh!... :thumbup:

post-4048-080528800 1343003790_thumb.jpg

post-4048-078952800 1343003798_thumb.jpg

post-4048-018880900 1343003820_thumb.jpg

Hey Ritchie,

Well done on finding some time to take your son fishing.

He will remember this day for a long time.

Priceless bonding session.

And a huge fat carp

I also took my kids out on Saturday for the first time.

I will post it tonight - was a very funny trip.

tony

good looking carp and kid mate.

My son is the same age and I have some gun spots that are safe in the upper parra. PM me any Sunday and we can take them both out.

PS- Try adding linseed (SP?) oil to the breed/burley

My little fellah (3 yrs old also) like to put the pilchards on the hook and has a habit of making a birds nest of my line when I turn my back.

But one thing is for sure he goes wild when we catch something.

Good on ya for introducing the little fellah to what later will become an addiction. Thats also a nice sized carp!

Fantastic Ritchie..

Great pics too. Its awesome that you can share your love of fishing with the little fella.

It's times like this that make all the hard work of the daily grind all that more special..

Cheers

Awesome little report ritchie, its always good when you get fish. especially one of that size...... Just be warned, you have introduced him to a highly addictive sport, and may have your ear talked off until you go out again!

Thanks for the comments guys!

Yeah! cant wait for him to grow up and take his old man fishing!! I think its about time I start saving up for a decent boat as he saw them luxury boats at cockle bay and said "When dad get this boat, we can go fishing"! :thumbup:

Make the most of it while you can mate.

I look back at all the failed casting, the line tangles and falling into the river with a smile.

Then they hit the teens and discover other interests such as Girl's, surfing, girl's, XBox, Girl's, Parties and did I mention Girl's?

Make the most of it while you can mate.

I look back at all the failed casting, the line tangles and falling into the river with a smile.

Then they hit the teens and discover other interests such as Girl's, surfing, girl's, XBox, Girl's, Parties and did I mention Girl's?

I will disown my son if he doesnt become a fisho

Lovely report and solid looking fish there :thumbup:

Good on you for taking the little man out and having quality time together... it sure beats being in front of a screen. It won't be long before he is showing you how it's done. I take my youngsters fishing with me and we always have great time.

Keep up the tremendous work :1clap:

Ian

Good on you for taking the little man out and having quality time together... it sure beats being in front of a screen.

Keep up the tremendous work :1clap:

Ian

Excellent post. The smile on your sons face says it all

Great moments mate. Well done to you and the little man.

Thanks for the reminder SouthSyd....... I have two girls!!! Gotta get a gun.

Cheers

This sign is going up next on my lawn when my daughter comes of age. Sorry its a bit off topic.

Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your clothes do no, in fact come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your trousers securely in place to your waist.

Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "Barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate, when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I will kill you.

Rule Five: It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is: "early."

Rule Six: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make you cry.

Rule Seven: As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process than can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka - zipped up to her throat. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which features chain saws are okay. Hockey games are okay. Old folks homes are better.

Rule Nine: Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, middle-aged, dimwitted has-been. But on issues relating to my daughter, I am the all-knowing, merciless god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you have one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me.

Rule Ten: Be afraid. Be very afraid. It takes very little for me to mistake the sound of your car in the driveway for a chopper coming in over a rice paddy near Hanoi. When my Agent Orange starts acting up, the voices in my head frequently tell me to clean the guns as I wait for you to bring my daughter home. As soon as you pull into the driveway you should exit the car with both hands in plain sight. Speak the perimeter password, announce in a clear voice that you have brought my daughter home safely and early, then return to your car - there is no need for you to come inside. The camouflaged face at the window is mine.

Thats a nice fish mate!

Its funny my sons name is seth aswell and hes 11 months old and only when i bring him fishing is when i get a decent fish on.

Hes my lucky charm!

CNt wait till hes older and walking, i can then bring him to the beach to get some real action! :thumbup: