No king's but few killer whales

went out on a charter couple of weeks back terrigl to get into the kings...first couple drops we jigged up some rat kings then the leather jackets set in and searched all along the coast but couldn't get a hit...On the way back to the marina we saw a big pod of killer whales which followed us for a few mms swimming under our boat and breaching right beside us...made a lousy days fishing awesome..was worth the money just seeing those guys...the skipper said he hasn't seen killer whales up around there for 15 or so yrs.....post-11779-016561700 1343211095_thumb.jpg

I saw a few come across the mouth of Botany Bay about a week and a half ago.

One VERY large and a couple of smaller ones, but I didn't want to call them for Killer Whales 'cause I thought you'd all think I was seeing things!

I didn't get too close to be sure (in a 12' tinnie I keep my distance!).

Never knew they came anywhere near here...

I had a donut day that day too, so I'll use that as the excuse!!

thats awesome! I'd watch a doco on these creatures and there named killers whales for a reason. They were hunting baby whales and eating them. Since we have a few babies whales along our coast line atm, maybe that has attracted them here. :1yikes:

They will eat baby humpbacks & dolphins that is why they are called killer whales

Edited by Dazzlar

T-dog,

That's why fisho's love fishing. It's not just the catch (or the promise of a catch), but we get to see some great nature via the process. I pity the poor buggers who don't like fishing. All the great stuff they miss out on. Your day had an absolute silver lining, seeing those killer whales. Thanks for sharing and posting the pics. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Nursie

I saw a few come across the mouth of Botany Bay about a week and a half ago.

One VERY large and a couple of smaller ones, but I didn't want to call them for Killer Whales 'cause I thought you'd all think I was seeing things!

I didn't get too close to be sure (in a 12' tinnie I keep my distance!).

Never knew they came anywhere near here...

I had a donut day that day too, so I'll use that as the excuse!!

probably part of the same pod that we seen coming back down the coast..at first the deck hand called out a marlin but was a nice surprise..