Mixed bag from botany heads

innovative

Hi guys

as promised im back again to report the days catch.

headed out botany heads to find some new reef systems and we were successful. we managed about 6 Snapper two keepers, the other 4 were just under and went back in the drink,2 Moey's the biggest being right on 50cm and my mates PB ( boy was he stoked)3 moari wrasse and 3 nannie's.

All in all another great day on the water and another great feed. :thumbup:

Hope some of you other fellow raiders managed to get out there today and get amongst the action :1fishing1:

Here's some pic's of the days catch

post-21030-040884700 1356167523_thumb.jpg

We've always called them butchers c##ks like the saying slimey as a butchers c##k , but there ok on the table from what I've been told , I've never tried them. There a wrasse of some type. Possibly a southern Maori wrasse.

Edited by bar jumper

Beautiful catch there FishHunter...Its always good when you have a look around and find a new bit of reef and it produces quality fish like you've shown...well done... :thumbup: The bay has been kind of hard of late, very hit and miss (but thats fishing I guess)...you really need to move around, I typically will spend no more than 45-60min in one location, as I think if I havent managed to raise any sort of interest by then, chances are no ones home...

BTW, roughly what depth of water were you in ...? I find that 30-40m seems to give me the best results