Port Hacking

Yowie

Wasn't going to submit a report from last Thursday, but seeing that nothing has been written due to a hacking incident (the person/s responsible need their balls hacked off for upsetting us fishos) so I will give you something to read.

Fished Deer Park early for 1 reddie of 33cm plus plenty of undersize ones, and that was that. Waterskiers running about before sunrise, some far off and other not too far off (the ones that don't care are usually young blokes)

Pumped some nippers and fished various places from the start of the run-up tide for undersized whiting, so headed to the Ballast Heap for more little whiting, where I saw some schools of sand mullet swimming about. Not big fish of around 30cm, but burleyed them up with bread and pulled out 6 in case there was nothing else to catch, there was plenty about but 6 will feed 2 of us. Good fun on light line and I don't mind eating them filleted and de-boned.

Back to drifting with the nippers for more small whiting and a couple of undersize flatties. Had been out for some time and managed one whiting of 29cm, and on the last nipper hooked a whiting of just over 40cm, that one set the reel buzzing with one long run and plenty of shorter runs.

While I was drifting about, I heard one fisho telling another he lost a flattie around the metre mark because he did not have a net to land it. He had a good boat and motor, and an electric motor, but not having a landing net is just stupid.

Flathead can be grabbed underneath the head, if you know what you are doing, and I have landed them to 1.5 kilos like that, but not a metre long agro fish, just silly not having a net on board.

Still waiting for some rain to colour the water, may be waiting for some time yet.

Happy new year.

Yowie.

it seens at this time of year yowie every jet skier and wakeboarder is on the water. The best times to fish now is when it is overcast and threatening to rain. you will have the place to yourself.

Might have to start a story that a waterskier fell off and was bitten by a shark :074:

it seens at this time of year yowie every jet skier and wakeboarder is on the water. The best times to fish now is when it is overcast and threatening to rain. you will have the place to yourself.

Or do what I do, don't leave till about 3pm, most of the once a year wonders are leaving then so there's normally a spot close to the ramp and within an hour or so the water is pretty quiet.

Might have to start a story that a waterskier fell off and was bitten by a shark :074:

lol. classic :risata:

This hacking incident is a little worrying.

I'm still getting "reported attack site" popups whenever i enter the site.:unsure:

lol. classic :risata:

This hacking incident is a little worrying.

I'm still getting "reported attack site" popups whenever i enter the site.:unsure:

If I can find a picture of a shark swimming around a waterskier, I'll say it happened in Port Hacking. :074: