Got abused on Botany Bay Sunday

Paddy454

Well a late start 11am from Kurnell boat ramp and straight out to the red markers for a flattie drift.

Not long after pulling up and first baits in the water We see a boat getting towed from the direction of the oil wharf towards us and as they were towed past a moron on the towed boat says to us"Thanks for coming to help us You F%#king F%#wit repeat repeat,I looked at my mate and we are thinking what's his problem.

If a boat is in need of rescue/tow I would never motor past and ignore giving assistance but this guy clearly must have mistaken my boat for another, we only passed one boat from the ramp to where this happened

and it was not him(one on board) the towed boat had 3 on board and was being towed by a grey/white cabin boat with 2 on board.

I really was peeved by this moron but forgot about it and moved to Towra were we hooked up to some nice flatties, whiting and undersized snapper.

I caught 2 flatties on a plastic prawn which was my first time to catch with plastics so I was fairly happy with that.

Got caught in 2 heavy showers,had to get in the cabin and sit 1 out to stay dry but a mate fished the hacking and got hailed upon.

All in all a good day with a feed to take home.

Cheers

how is the boat ramp there .is it very deep ? i need a nice deep ramp to lauch and the llast time i went there i only had a tinnie and i had to walk it out to get going.

The ramp is much better since it was upgraded to two lane, pontoon and dredged.

However on low tide I have to trim the motor as high as possible and still stir up weed and also engage 4x4 to pull up the ramp but I can still get in & out on a .3mtr low with a 6mtr Haines.

Sorry to hear about that paddy. To many heroes in the bay I'm sick of the idiots there especially those pesky jet skis... I wish maritime would limit them to the George's river only . The other issue is the chaos at the 2 big boat ramps in the bay . Kyeemagh and foreshore on weekends. People have no respect and common sense, sumtimes watching people reverse trailers and backing in is like watching a circus . I've always thought and u guys mind agree that when u get a boat licence it should be compulsory to do time on the water. Especially reversing a trailer unhooking and loading a boat onto a trailer simple things yes but sum people have no Idea. This is what causes people to get peed off and frustrated . I wish the maritime would see this an act upon it !!

Mate - the world is full of people who have vastly different opinions to eachother.

Some people accept that fact and deal with it while others have little tantrums over it.

I was once asked for assistance by a broken down 7m plus cabin cruiser in the georges river.

They asked if I could tow them against the current to the como marina (about 3km).

I was in a 12ft open tinny with 30hp motor.

I explained to them I would burn out my outboard and make no progress towing them against the current....but....I had a solution...

The Seatow sharkcat was moored about 300m away from me. I could call him on their behalf and organise a tow for them...

Well that solution was met with equivalent abuse, tantrums and gesticulations beyond the threshold of most mere mortals....

I have assisted people before and feel good about it but those people I couldn't assist - geez, it makes you wonder what's in people's heads these days....

At least you got a decent feed to compensate for the bad karma at the start of the trip...

Tony

Yeah never worth letting someone harsh up your mellow. Had an incident sat night when some random Dad and his kid motored over to mooring next to us, ran into my boat whilst trying to grab the mooring and then proceeded to tell me i should take in some of my mooring line. I was leaving anyway as had "yakked up". Said Goodbye and moved on to the squid. It is just not worth letting people get under your skin.

Cheers

I can't believe they'd put up with such moronic attitude. What happened to their mobile phones?

There is appropriate service out there available for emergency request.

Can't believe morons are in boats now... i've met some on the rock platforms and jetties...

there is a reason why people like that break down when there out on the water, its god trying to drag them out to sea

LOL !!!

Diesel - mate that is the funniest thing I have heard since the wife asked me to vacuum last weekend...

...and actually I did do it....she must have tricked me or something...probably not too hard to do so these days...

Darg'em out to sea eh ?

I can picture, mentally, a whole flotilla of jet-skis - full throttle, but going backwards towards the sea.....dark clouds above and white caps on the water....

Lol...still laughing...

Tony

but 99% of boaties (except maybe at holiday times)

Holiday times they just try stab you with knives or chase you in packs of many.

I just refuse to go anywhere near The Entrance, Gosford etc during holidays, bit further north is still a little safer lol

Holiday times they just try stab you with knives or chase you in packs of many.

I just refuse to go anywhere near The Entrance, Gosford etc during holidays, bit further north is still a little safer lol

What can i say Leo, all true,and then some.

I have heard of one case where they even tried block the channel with a ute so they could claim The Entrance as their own.

Cheers,

Bruce

What can i say Leo, all true,and then some.

I have heard of one case where they even tried block the channel with a ute so they could claim The Entrance as their own.

Cheers,

Bruce

This happened. Then some others who claimed to be the original owners came and stabbed and beat up the other guys. It's unfortunate about the entrance. We used to go there years back during holidays was great fun. Now it's disgusting thanks to the people who go there and show no respect to anyone or anything.