Botany Bay session

burny86

Hi raiders,

Decided to finally get out on the water on Saturday after all this bad weather. I launched the tinny at kyeemagh boat ramp and ventured out. I started using squidgy soft plastics but kept losing the tails to tailor. So I threw out some fresh pillies. Within minutes I was on to my first keeper bream, then one after the other the biggest one was almost 38cm.

It was good to finally get on the water and just made me more keen to get out again.post-19863-0-25615600-1362899436_thumb.jpgpost-19863-0-22150500-1362899561_thumb.jpgpost-19863-0-24904600-1362899649_thumb.jpgpost-19863-0-27028000-1362899737_thumb.jpg

There were lots of mini tailor around on Friday when I was out. They were busting up constantly near where we fished and we also lost quite a few tails from our Gulps. I stuck with them though because we were catching good lizards on them in the coloured water. Try the Z Mann range of plastics if you wish to reduce the loss of tails. They are made of a very soft but tough material that even the sharpest of teeth find difficult to chew through. Grubz and Minnowz work well on the lizards and they come in a variety of enticing colours. The Grubz are also a highly rated bream lure.

Tight lines

Kel

Unfourtantly i did have anything to weigh them, But they were fat as. think i might have to invest in some scales.

Thanks for the advice Kel i will be sure to give Z mann plastics out as those tailor were annoying, also what size jig head do you recommend??

Key Burny86,

Well done on the placcies.

Can I ask which side of thew bay were you on?

Airport side or Kurnell side ?

Also how many bream did you get ?

One of these days I'll put my bait rods down and pick up a flickstick.....

Tony

General Zod...we had a fantastic session on the local rock ledge last sunday morning...bonito and mack tuna everywhere...they were taking everything, pillies under a float, metals, lures, even the $5 K-Mart outback lures...there was only 4 of us fishing in the platform...beautiful day out.

Unfourtantly i did have anything to weigh them, But they were fat as. think i might have to invest in some scales.

Thanks for the advice Kel i will be sure to give Z mann plastics out as those tailor were annoying, also what size jig head do you recommend??

Depends on the depth you are fishing. I like 3/8 oz when fishing more than 2.5 metres, 1/4 in water from 1.5-2.5 metres and 1/6 in less than 1.5 but I know a lot of people like to go lighter. I try to use 2 0 or 3 0 sized hooks on the jigs. Gamakatsu Darter 26s are a good - strong but relatively fine which helps drive the hook home I believe. Berkley and TT also make some suitable ones for lizard fishing. Have not really targeted bream on plastics so no help to you there.

Burney, That spot you fish is a great spot during the week. Don`t know how you manage to fish it with all the traffic. Always plenty of chopper tailot there for fresh bait. It is a pity we can no longer fish close to the Runway. There must be some big bream there now.. The area you fish is an old timers spot back in the 80`s. Well done.

Thanks for that info kel, I'm actually more keen on catching the flatties over bream, just because I love the beer battered lol.

Blue bottle: there was actually not to many people out probably because I was there pretty early and it was my first time in the bay in my little tinny so I was just taking it easy to see how the boat would handle. But your not wrong about the runway it looks like a prime spot.