Red hot hour on the flatties

jenno64

After not fishing for a month or so, I was lucky enough to get out this morning for the Pirtek fishing challenge. I collected some nice poddies yesterday arvo and after a big night, launched at the gentlemanly hour of 8am, ready for the run out around Captain Cook Bridge. Twas all quiet until 9:30am when my rod with a hb gets smashed. Up comes a fat 60cm flatty so I bolted into shore to photgraph it on the tournament brag mat.post-4017-0-98035000-1364117488_thumb.jpg Not a bad start and after relaunching, I hooked up immediately on a fish in the low 50s. I headed back to the same drift and this time a poddy gets the treatment and up comes a bigger flatty. Back into shore and this one goes a very fat 65cm and released to fight another day.... nice upgrade but not the 80+ model that i'll probably need to get into the prizes.post-4017-0-39760300-1364117510_thumb.jpg Got another 2 in the high 40-low 50s then another poddy gets smacked and up comes another good size girl. I thought this may have been another upgrade but back to shore and she went 64cm, quick shot and nice release.post-4017-0-89737200-1364117544_thumb.jpg Things went quiet as the tide slowed and I packed it in by 11am. I've sent in the photo of the biggest fish but it's a shame I couldn't count the others too! Ended up witha nice feed for Good Friday!post-4017-0-19956400-1364117555_thumb.jpg

Mr Fish & Formosan,

I got half on poddies and half on HBs...don't know who else used poddies

Poddy,

I started fishing deep around the bridge but the fish were all caught in 3-4m when the tide was running out.

Thanks for your comments everyone!