Bait Board full of Squid and some fish for the table.

Basil D

Hi All went with my wife Mrs Groper and Pongrass chris, With the Easter fast we dont eat meat so Calamari and fish look out.

We got out and fished for a while for my wife to catch some pb's and she managed a 60cm Bonnie, A 55sm Rat Kingie, A 50cm Tailor and she also managed 4 squid, not bad for a beginner.

The misses was stoked

Then we headed of for some squid and got 18 in total.

post-8352-0-87450200-1364189808_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-87450200-1364189808_thumb.jpgpost-8352-0-64427100-1364189854_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-75339400-1364189832_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-67550600-1364189910_thumb.jpg

Must of missed the action on the squid just leaving when you arrived at Little Marley, looked like the weather calmed down by the photos. Tried for the kings myself but yeah you are right there was only rats there today.

Must of missed the action on the squid just leaving when you arrived at Little Marley, looked like the weather calmed down by the photos. Tried for the kings myself but yeah you are right there was only rats there today.

you were at the Bommie again I thought that was you, how was your catch you usually brain the squid there, bag limit each time.

I see wallys warf is firing on squid again, it was packed when I got back

Hi every one, My Name is Anastasia and Im a new person to this site, Although I have been fishing with my Husband since the age of 20 years old I havent taken to boating but now my husband has a new engine I fell comfortable to be on the water and the et's seas sick tablet really do work as I get sick.

we left home at 12 midday after Chris met us at home and we loaded the boat with all the snacks and a couple of beers.

we headed south of Jibon point and down to another bombie were we got the Tailor, and trevaly, My fisrt time on some decent fish all my pbs.

we headed back to jibon point and got the rat king fish and yes that was my pb as well near side the cliffs just before the bommie and fished for squid the near the bommie for squid, I was nervous but my husband and chris assured me everything will be ok as we fished the drift away the bomie and away from it.

we kept Bringing up squid after squid, Ive never had so much fun and snags before, I caught my second squid the first been in Jervis bay and my husband says bring it in pointing toward you :1badmood: I got inked and quickly figured I got set up seen both of them laughing there heads off.

Anyway what can I say i

I had the day of my life and looking forward to many trips with my husband and soon chris's (pongrass) wife .

Believe it or not I have got them midday and Early morning, this time it was afternoon as we were after a feed of fish as well.

I remember last year me and chris got 27 of them. Biggest haul was 36 squid between three of us.

Edited by Groper

you were at the Bommie again I thought that was you, how was your catch you usually brain the squid there, bag limit each time.

I see wallys warf is firing on squid again, it was packed when I got back

Not wrong Wallys Warf is firing at night, dad has been bringing a few arrows back and a occasional green eye, but too busy at work lately to get out with the boat so i have been taking it. Sacrificed a couple squid at Marley and did a flathead run but only got 5 which was enough for a feed, if it wasn't for the leather jackets i would of got more. I heard a rummer that the locals are putting in a partition to council to get Wally's closed, if that's true it would be a shame for many boaties that use that wharf.

Not wrong Wallys Warf is firing at night, dad has been bringing a few arrows back and a occasional green eye, but too busy at work lately to get out with the boat so i have been taking it. Sacrificed a couple squid at Marley and did a flathead run but only got 5 which was enough for a feed, if it wasn't for the leather jackets i would of got more. I heard a rummer that the locals are putting in a partition to council to get Wally's closed, if that's true it would be a shame for many boaties that use that wharf.

you will only get Rats at Marley most of the time.

Yes it would be a huge shame if wallys is closed as it Brings out the Best arrow squid in Sydney and consistently , I remember fishing with the boys and every one was bagging out at that wharf, I suppose the noise and garbage people leave Behind would get the locals fired up.

Welcome mrs groper! One piece of advise I will give you is....... You need to remember that fishing with mr groper should be FUN. It is not fun when your PB's beat his. This is why mrs scratchie is no longer allowed to come fishing! It was no longer fun seeing her out fish me and my mates! But with all that been said, you go girl!!!

Look forward to reading your posts and very little posts from mr groper!!! Lol

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hi every one, My Name is Anastasia and Im a new person to this site, Although I have been fishing with my Husband since the age of 20 years old I havent taken to boating but now my husband has a new engine I fell comfortable to be on the water and the et's seas sick tablet really do work as I get sick.

we left home at 12 midday after Chris met us at home and we loaded the boat with all the snacks and a couple of beers.

we headed south of Jibon point and down to another bombie were we got the Tailor, and trevaly, My fisrt time on some decent fish all my pbs.

we headed back to jibon point and got the rat king fish and yes that was my pb as well near side the cliffs just before the bommie and fished for squid the near the bommie for squid, I was nervous but my husband and chris assured me everything will be ok as we fished the drift away the bomie and away from it.

we kept Bringing up squid after squid, Ive never had so much fun and snags before, I caught my second squid the first been in Jervis bay and my husband says bring it in pointing toward you :1badmood: I got inked and quickly figured I got set up seen both of them laughing there heads off.

Anyway what can I say i

I had the day of my life and looking forward to many trips with my husband and soon chris's (pongrass) wife .

Well done Anastasia nice fishing report as well good to see you having a good time i love fishing but i can not get my wife to fish of the boat she is terrified but ill keep trying maybe one day. cheers Jim bream

Hi Groper;

Wow, Mr and Mrs Groper and Pongrass combined is a horror for the squiddies.

Well done and welcome to Mrs Groper!!

It's always very funny when one of the group got inked up. You can ask Pongrass, he knows all about it. Lol

Meng.

Hi Groper;

Wow, Mr and Mrs Groper and Pongrass combined is a horror for the squiddies.yeah remember chris coped on his face, I not one to speak ay chris I copped it too.

Well done and welcome to Mrs Groper!!

It's always very funny when one of the group got inked up. You can ask Pongrass, he knows all about it. Lol

Meng.

lol chris and I have both been inked big time. Edited by Groper

Anyway what can I say i

Groper team,

What an entertaining fishing trip :sun:

Made me chuckle non stop.

Started off with anostasia saying basil slow down your going toooooo fast,no hun i'm going as slow as i can BANG BANG BANG all the way to the fishing spot.(Sounded like my wife screaming)

Fishing time Basil,theres not much around today i can feel its one of those days :074::074: :074: THEN anostasia pulls in the first fish,couple more landed then she says i feel calamari are on???.So we changed to the jigs and went for a cast catching a feed easily,GO ANOSTASIA.

Really enjoyable trip,by the way basil your wife also caught the last fish of the trip too.

Look forward to another trip out soon

Chris. :1fishing1:

Well done one and all.

That's a lot of squid - I'm very jealous again.

Anastasia,

welcome to the forum.

If you think your other half can talk silly and tell the odd story, you should read the reports here.

There is a goose on this site called Keflapod who waffles on about nothing at all - well OK that would be me !

Well done on all those PB's - and you will soon take away all those records Basil holds on this site and is so proud of.

Now that you know how to get inked, just point the business end of the squid to the boys and watch them duck for cover !

Basil,

Won't be long now - you will not have much time to fish. You will be busy netting her fish and ducking the flying squid ink...

Good on you for getting the new engine and giving her the confidence to step on board.

Chris,

I believe you are allowed two gropers per person per day - so it seems you got your bag limit that day. :074:

Tony

Welcome mrs groper! One piece of advise I will give you is....... You need to remember that fishing with mr groper should be FUN. It is not fun when your PB's beat his. This is why mrs scratchie is no longer allowed to come fishing! It was no longer fun seeing her out fish me and my mates! But with all that been said, you go girl!!!

Look forward to reading your posts and very little posts from mr groper!!! Lol

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hi scratchie, do you have a pet dog, our husky comes running when we call out scratchie , I love fishing even more now, tell your wife I said its called Lady power .

Well done Anastasia nice fishing report as well good to see you having a good time i love fishing but i can not get my wife to fish of the boat she is terrified but ill keep trying maybe one day. cheers Jim bream

Hi Jim, give my regards to your wife and tell her four of us will go together if that helps her settle the nerves .

Groper team,

What an entertaining fishing trip :sun:

Made me chuckle non stop.

Started off with anostasia saying basil slow down your going toooooo fast,no hun i'm going as slow as i can BANG BANG BANG all the way to the fishing spot.(Sounded like my wife screaming)

Fishing time Basil,theres not much around today i can feel its one of those days :074::074: :074: THEN anostasia pulls in the first fish,couple more landed then she says i feel calamari are on???.So we changed to the jigs and went for a cast catching a feed easily,GO ANOSTASIA.

Really enjoyable trip,by the way basil your wife also caught the last fish of the trip too.

Look forward to another trip out soon

Chris. :1fishing1:

That was fun Chris, next time Bring Maggie.

Well done one and all.

That's a lot of squid - I'm very jealous again.

Anastasia,

welcome to the forum.

If you think your other half can talk silly and tell the odd story, you should read the reports here.

There is a goose on this site called Keflapod who waffles on about nothing at all - well OK that would be me !

Well done on all those PB's - and you will soon take away all those records Basil holds on this site and is so proud of.

Now that you know how to get inked, just point the business end of the squid to the boys and watch them duck for cover !

Basil,

Won't be long now - you will not have much time to fish. You will be busy netting her fish and ducking the flying squid ink...

Good on you for getting the new engine and giving her the confidence to step on board.

Chris,

I believe you are allowed two gropers per person per day - so it seems you got your bag limit that day. :074:

Tony

My Husband is a different type of Groper if you know what I mean ;)

Edited by Mrs Groper