2 Jewies in the month of March!

Sherwinator

Hey Raiders,

I was rewarded for a midnight session in the harbour last night with a nice 3kg Jewie!

Pretty stoked because its the second Jewie in a month for me :) I must be doing something right...

I had a few yakkas and a small taylor (fishing from a jetty). One of the strips of yellow tail got smashed by something and went for a couple of great runs before busting me off in the moorings :(

Then I managed to hookup on a taylor head (apparently great Jew bait). Didn't feel as big as the first but still a nice fish.

70cm and 3.02Kg

Details:

30 mins before low tide (2:10am low).

Moon almost full.

No wind.

Barometer 1018.5

Paul

post-7855-0-35074800-1364262598_thumb.jpg

I don't want to give the location away, but lets just say it's around the Port Jackson area.

In regards to the fish heads, an experienced Jewy fisho that I was once talking to, said that specifically taylor heads are good Jewy bait.

After you fillet the taylor, leave the 2 bits of triangle shaped flesh attached to the head and just chop the spine off. Then bash the head up a little bit (tread on it or something) to expose the fleshy bits and a bit of blood.

reminds me of my blackfishing days at Little Bay "The Gutter". When the fish were running you would gets many fisho's all with keeper nets full of Luderick, so at day's end most would fillet their catch and hence LOTS of burley ended up back in the water. On these sorts of days and especially with a rising tide in the evening we would stay on using gut and heads and would catch bream and good size snapper..........

I don't want to give the location away, but lets just say it's around the Port Jackson area.

In regards to the fish heads, an experienced Jewy fisho that I was once talking to, said that specifically taylor heads are good Jewy bait.

After you fillet the taylor, leave the 2 bits of triangle shaped flesh attached to the head and just chop the spine off. Then bash the head up a little bit (tread on it or something) to expose the fleshy bits and a bit of blood.

ah k.... Sorry. I was only asking info about the fish head tactics because im thinking of giving it a go this weekend. thanks !