Little black for team scratchie!

Scratchie

Went out yesterday with my wife and two eldest boys(12 & 8), along with the other 10 million tourists up here, in search of one thing Marlin!!! We left shoal bay in my Haines 470 and straight out to lighthouse and set the spread. Once we hit the 60m mark there were pilchards everywhere and I mean everywhere. I thought this was a good sign and with the smooth seas, anticipation was high. We headed north from the light and zig zagged the 80-100m mark. After about an hour I noticed a black just cruising the top of the water so I decided to circle him. On the second pass bang and the long corner goes off. The kids are jumping around the boat and my wife decides to get the video going. After what was a relatively short fight on my tyrnos 50, the little black puts on a jumping display which was a great site to see for us all. After taking some photos, we released the little fella and he swam off in great condition.

It was a great day on the water and another target ticked off for team scratchie!!!

post-24974-0-00550300-1364700091_thumb.jpgpost-24974-0-39930100-1364700177_thumb.jpgpost-24974-0-66412900-1364700207_thumb.jpg

Tight lines,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Edited by Scratchie

Great job mate always awesome to get them even better when the port turns on weather like that!!!!

Yeah about time port turned on some good weather! Summer went pretty quick and was very ordinary!

good work scratch, it seems your wife is your lucky charm these days :)

Yeah diesel, charm she is! Your odds improve when you had a line in the water!!! Lol

Well done! Awesome effort from your Haines! Lets hope that its the first of many for team Scratchie.Cheers, Baz.

Next time Barry, I'll take you out and get you onto them!

Well done Scratchie the persistence does pay off.Weather looks great this week so hopefully the reports will keep coming. Hopefully you get back out.CheersDamo

Damo, thanks for all your posts and info you provide. Being a charter and posting the info you do is unreal. I think all raiders that don't have the mode to get out there and chase the beaks should jump on board reef magic! Cheers scratchie!!!

Well done Scatchie. You thoroughly deserve it mate. Your research and persistence paid off.

Next ones mine. Ha

The next one is yours wahoo! Just get ur butt up here before the season ends!

So when does the season end???? how long can we expect these fish to hang around. Noel

From the reports I have it depends on the water temp! But about another 2-3 weeks!

I'm going out Sunday for another crack at it. Weather looks pretty good at this stage!

Cheers scratchie!!

Went out yesterday with my wife and two eldest boys(12 & 8), along with the other 10 million tourists up here, in search of one thing Marlin!!! We left shoal bay in my Haines 470 and straight out to lighthouse and set the spread. Once we hit the 60m mark there were pilchards everywhere and I mean everywhere. I thought this was a good sign and with the smooth seas, anticipation was high. We headed north from the light and zig zagged the 80-100m mark. After about an hour I noticed a black just cruising the top of the water so I decided to circle him. On the second pass bang and the long corner goes off. The kids are jumping around the boat and my wife decides to get the video going. After what was a relatively short fight on my tyrnos 50, the little black puts on a jumping display which was a great site to see for us all. After taking some photos, we released the little fella and he swam off in great condition.

It was a great day on the water and another target ticked off for team scratchie!!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Tight lines,

Cheers scratchie!!!

awesome work Scratchie!! persistence sure pays off!

congrats to you and the crew.

• 4 weeks later...