Could anyone do a better job predicting weather?

Scratchie

Without sounding like a whinger! As most of us fishos do is check the weather on a regular basis! There are many different ways you can source the information yet most of it is via the Internet.

From the 3 sites I use, all of them said all week that Saturday and Sunday were less than a meter swell and less than 4knot winds with smooth seas.

This was certainly not the case, swell up, wind up and the sea resembled a washing machine!

What a disappointment for me after a long week.

I reckon I could predict the weather more accurately with the instruments available to them!

What do you think?

Cheers scratchie!!!

LOL 100% agreed! In my personal opinion, reading the weather forecast is like reading your horoscope!

"possible shower" - common really, they could have said "possible 7.0 earth quake" and it may or may not happen...

I'm surprised with the amount of knowledge and technology we have, that they cannot predict weather at least 2 days in advanced.

On a more positive note, most raiders use seabreeze and I have also since switched to using it and find it good, but it's only accurate a day before.

It's now 8pm, and there is no update for the rain forecast update, or the wind forecast update. The update usually happens before 6pm.

Must be tugging on something to forget the update!

Here's an example.....

Tomorrow it states there is 70% chance of rain

post-24974-0-48388400-1365935516_thumb.jpg

Then it shows a temperature graph with the chance of rain for the next 24hrs..post-24974-0-58346000-1365935619_thumb.jpg

So what is the actual chance of rain??? Maybe half way between!

You gotta laugh!!!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Here's an example.....

Tomorrow it states there is 70% chance of rain

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Then it shows a temperature graph with the chance of rain for the next 24hrs..attachicon.gifimage.jpg

So what is the actual chance of rain??? Maybe half way between!

You gotta laugh!!!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Willy site says 15% chance of rain 1-5mm - http://rainfall.willyweather.com.au/nsw/hunter/anna-bay.html

Bom site says 40% 0-1mm - http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/sydney.shtml

Yep, you sure gotta laugh :soccer_h4h:

I use willy weather and it has let me down a couple times but more often than not its good enough. I went out on 9 knot winds. They were raging at 52km per hour after getting out there.

That is one of the sites I use too. But no matter what site it is, there all pretty much contradict each other or are way off the mark.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hmmm.. I was working on Sunday on a charter boat. bom.gov.au predicted light westerly winds early on and 1m of swell, with the temp in mid-20's. Which was pretty damn close to the mark, except the swell was more like 0.5m. Weather is notoriously hard to predict. I usually only bother checking the weather the night before heading out fishing whether for work or pleasure, and I find it's mostly in the ballpark. I don't take any predictions over 24 hours in advance seriously. I laugh when I hear people discussing 30-day forecasts.