Groper out of action for a while :(

Basil D

took a day off work Got up nice and early taking the boys out for a fish, I yelled out to my son, get out of the toilet lets go, hurry up, if only I let him finish his #!@#! :P

oh wellpost-8352-0-43026100-1366763373_thumb.jpgpost-8352-0-66348900-1366763387_thumb.jpgpost-8352-0-27736200-1366763403_thumb.jpg

The lady came across the lanes and whack straight into my trailer just missing my car then into the car behind me.

Then says what happened and was hysterical, I calmed her down then asked if she was insured and she says no, I said and you want to drive are you mad, she says I haven't got money, no insurance, I asked her if she fell asleep at the wheel she says, no way I was driving straight, okay I said, ring your kids, she says I havent got any kids or Family, ? , now Im smelling a rat, called police and let them sort it out.

Then she has the hide to tell police its my fault, my boat ran into her :risata:

all is well thank fully no one was hurt .

Edited by Groper

Oh shit mate.. not good. Only damage is the trailer?

Hope you get it sorted soon.

yeah Im amazed the boat didnt get hit, but looks like axle, leaf springs, leaf spring bracket and shackles, mudguard tyre and rim.

After spending the day ringing around, parts prices insurance etc, insurance assess cost is $650 = parts and tow $675 I thought bugger it, not worth waiting for weeks waiting for repairs and fixed it myself today :)

post-8352-0-72690700-1366790551_thumb.jpgpost-8352-0-87008500-1366790560_thumb.jpg

what a day, Up at 5am, out the door at 5.35am them bang , got smashed into, had the trailer fixed by 5pm the same afternoon but had a nice migraine headache to go with it.

Lets hope I can go out this week or the next but your right Scratchie how do we go without fishing for too long.

I mean really, we are occasional fishos :risata:

Edited by Groper

um no-one on here is an "occasional fisho" :1naughty:

everyone is an addict in the extreme, they do try to hide it :secret:

I have been waiting for years for an email from some irate wife/ partner asking me to close the forum!!!!

Anyway Groper glad no-one was hurt mate

hahaha you wont get that sort of email from my missus .

"Occasional" fisho as they take every occasion to fish.

yep I take every occasion to go for a fish very seriously

Wow who drives without insurance ? If you can't afford it don't drive, if she hit the bum of a Lamborghini shed be paying it off for the rest of her life.

Looks good that you fixed it mate, Its alright as now you know you have all new trailer parts (on that side) and that should give you trouble free towing :)

Edited by quintrex101

Plenty do it and unfortunately it's all too easy for undesirable characters in the wrong to get away without paying. Fact is those without insurance are the least likely to be able to pay for damages they cause. Currently there's compulsory third party insurance, it should be that third party property insurance becomes compulsory as a minimum for registration.

Plenty do it and unfortunately it's all too easy for undesirable characters in the wrong to get away without paying. Fact is those without insurance are the least likely to be able to pay for damages they cause. Currently there's compulsory third party insurance, it should be that third party property insurance becomes compulsory as a minimum for registration.

Totally agree, if you can afford to drive then you should able to afford third party property damage, its ridicules they keep getting away with it.

• 2 weeks later...

similar thing happened to me a couple of months ago mate. I had someone drive up the back of me while towing the boat home, only to find out a week later that the person had no insurance. And because my policy only covered me for market value, my insurance would only offer me the value that their calculations amount to, or a replacement 2nd hand motor (which was in pretty poor condition). I ended up taking the 2nd hand motor because i wasn't willing to fork out an extra $2000 on top of the amount they offered for a new motor, and i've had nothing but issues with it... I guess the moral of the story is that those of us who do things by the book end up losing out in the end... and don't insure your boat for market value!