First Jewfish!

tw9635

Hello Raiders,

After many hours, and hard sessions spent trying to catch my first jewy, i finally succeeded.

Hit up my local spot this afternoon, (as i had no homework! :mfr_lol:) to try to catch the elusive jew. I arrived down at 4pm with 2 set ups. A 4-7kg combo with a 4000 size reel with 15lb braid and 20lb leader, and a 10-12 kg combo with a 8000 size reel with 30lb braid and 30lb leader.

I was using frozen squid which i had caught from a previous outing. ! chucked a whole squid on the bigger outfit, and a small strip on the smaller one. after waiting an hour with not even a bite, i was ready to pack up and go :mad3: when my samller outfit screems to life! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Yes i'm on!

The fish had taken 30m off line before i had even gotten to the reel. I set the hook and began the long fight. After 3 runs and 10 minutes, i had managed to gain some line and the beast was getting nearer. just as i got the net ready the fish takes another huge run. Zzzzzzzz the line screams again!

I finally mange to get him to the surface and i couldn't believe my eyes :clapping: I got him up and gave a scream of triumph :banana: . The fish measured 89cm and 8.45 kg. I was very stoked and couldn't stop smiling. I somehow remembered the item for COTM, and realised i had nothing blue anywhere :ranting2: . But wait i thought, realising the t shirt underneath my rain jacket was blue. I pulled up the shirt and took a quick photo before swimming the fish and watching it swim away, to fight another day.

Thankyou for all the support i've gotten from all the members on Fishraider, and i hope theres many jewies to come.

I would like to submit my jewy for COTM May 2013.

Kind regards,

Mr. Fish

post-23505-0-66768900-1367485048_thumb.jpg

Congrats mate,

What a lovely fish for your 1st! 89 is a very respectable fish.

They take a while to figure out but once you get one they seem to become a more frequent catch :icon_peace:

Cheers, Tom

So good to see a young bloke like you out there fishing in your spare time rather than sitting in front of some electronic device wasting time like so many your age do. And releasing your first jewie - thats gold! Congratulations. :clapping: