Fishing with my little mates! (Forgot one of them)

Scratchie

Hi all, I thought I would share a couple of pics from a few sessions I've have had with my little mates. I just love taking the kids fishing and I try to dedicate time at least once a week to do it. I'm very blessed to live so close to the water which makes it easier. But they love it, so it's worth every minute.

post-24974-0-24461700-1368220520_thumb.jpg "he called this a snapper" close mate!

post-24974-0-10523800-1368220686_thumb.jpg "a fat head"

post-24974-0-80470800-1368220803_thumb.jpg "beach fishing" no good dad no fish!

post-24974-0-46081700-1368220989_thumb.jpg "off the rocks"

Then last night, it was beautiful weather so I just had to hit my jewy spot!

post-24974-0-00972000-1368221207_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-09346100-1368221298_thumb.jpg time for a quiet ale and soak some bait while waiting for the tide.

The tide changed and I had 3 lines soaking. One with a live squid, one strip of fresh mullet and one with a live tailor. Right on the change zzzzzzzz off goes the livey! It takes a run of about 50m and I pick up the rod and start to put on some pressure! Pop.... And I've dropped it, my fault. Should have let it run more and swallow the livey. So up comes my crushed tailor and with it my chance of my next big Jew!

Although 5 mins later my little mate shows me how it done!

post-24974-0-08252900-1368221885_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the read and you have to admit, there's no place like Port Stephens!

The eldest.......he read the post and said where am I?

How could I forget him!!!

post-24974-0-20844100-1368353302_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-00689500-1368353662_thumb.jpg

And my beautiful girl.... She a good a fisho as her mum! Don't really like taking them. Lol

post-24974-0-31040300-1368354403_thumb.jpg

Cheers scratchie!!!

Edited by Scratchie

Excellent to see the young ones getting into fishing - keep em at it. Although mine are a little older and not as keen as when they were younger (the internet, huge loads of homework, etc) when they do come for a fish I am proudest dad out there.

BTW beaut part of the world up there. We used to holiday around Nelson Bay, Tea Gardens, Hawks Nest. You are very lucky.

Jimbo.

Nice work mate. I holiday up there each year. I think your living the dream.

how good Is it watching the kids work a fish, and the smile once its in the boat. If there like my son, he wanted to eat everything the catches "fat heads" are the preferred fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome Scratchie. I love the little ones getting into the action also. Some of my fondest memories are fishing with my dad and uncles when I was young. I'm sure they treasure it as much as you. :) Keep up the good work bud.

Thank you to all that replied and your kind words! I love taking the kids fishing and the memories for them will sure last a lifetime!

It's a great way to bond with your kids and get outdoors! With our everyday busy schedules we sometimes forget to take the time we need for ourselves and our families!

So get out there and enjoy!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hahaha my daughter calls everything snapper! Makes me feel like a gun when she tells people I keep catching snapper, when its usually sambos and tailor... My little fella thinks every fish is a shark and my ego builds even further! Hahaha...

Well done mate! A great read!

Hahaha my daughter calls everything snapper! Makes me feel like a gun when she tells people I keep catching snapper, when its usually sambos and tailor... My little fella thinks every fish is a shark and my ego builds even further! Hahaha...

Well done mate! A great read!

Yeah, the little fella either says snapper or marlin!

I happy with either. Haha

Cheers scratchie!!!

• 2 weeks later...