Snapper session and PB

Mike.

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd share my PB snapper report.

Headed out with my mate Pete (DTROJAN), who's had some nice reds under his belt this season so far and I was keen to do the same.

Conditions were stunning, headed out at first light, and started fishing between Belambi and Wollongong.

First fish of the day was this stonker Red, and a new PB for me 84cm and just over 6kgs, beating my old PB by 24cm :D! Caught on a 5inch Jerk Shad, and gave me some curry on 15lb braid with 16lb FC leader and 3000 reel.

post-6493-0-04125600-1374010933_thumb.jpg

post-6493-0-04951700-1374010961_thumb.jpg

There wasnt much run, so we worked hard for our days catch. Ended up with a good bag of 6 reds with a few over 60cm and a few mowies and reef fish. Caught on bait and plastics.

post-6493-0-41344100-1374010985_thumb.jpg

Awesome day, thanks to Pete for taking me out and finding the fish, im stoked with my new PB!

Hey Mike,

Chicken Pete aint lookin to happy...you catch the trophies and he catches the pannies?

Well done boys they are great fish. Geez that's a nice fish. That was me frothin on the phone yesterday.

Whilst not a patch on yours here is one Pete and I got a couple of weeks ago.

Johno

post-21925-0-32866600-1374014248_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys, for me it is a fish of a lifetime..been chasing them for a while now

Hey Mike,

Chicken Pete aint lookin to happy...you catch the trophies and he catches the pannies?

Well done boys they are great fish. Geez that's a nice fish. That was me frothin on the phone yesterday.

Whilst not a patch on yours here is one Pete and I got a couple of weeks ago.

Johno

attachicon.gifphoto (7).JPG

Thanks mate, Im sure Pete was thinking of knocking me overboard so he could claim that one...i convinced him otherwise ;)

Thats also a very nice Red there Johno, heard you guys did well on that trip.

Edited by Mike.

Anytime Mick. Good job getting it to the boat. I'm glad all the hours i put in on these cold mornings got one of us a p.b........ And yes I was wondering if you could swim.

Johno,

You know you've got a serious problem when a 63cm snapper doesn't put a smile on your face anymore.......

Edited by DTROJAN

Thanks again guys, much appreciated. Yes conditions were pretty dam perfect, actually if it wasnt for the Mrs's im sure we would have stayed till after dark.

Pete, I was wondering where the life jackets were secretly :1sweatdrop: . You do put in alot of hours, and when your not on the water your studying your next trip... Hat off mate!

Luc, yes its a serious Syd snapper, pretty cool that we can get them this big, just a pitty they are not there in larger numbers like S.A...or are they? we just have to get back out there!

Hey Mike,

When did you and Pete caught most of the fish. Early on or late in the day? what time?

Hey mate, we got the big one very early on just after sunrise about 7.30ish, then it went quiet for a little bit. Hard to give an exact time as the fish wern't really on the chew hard that day and landing fish was fairly spaced out throughout the day. but you could say we got majority of the fish probably from 9.30am till 11am and then 1pm till 2.30pm-ish. Fishing around the tide changes seems to help.

Cheers Mike

Good fish bra! Goes to show they are certainly off Sydney in that offshore high current zone.

Just bumped into Pete Ryan from the long reef fishing club, His PB off Longy is 12kg, the club record, fully weighed at Narrabeen Bait & Tackle and official! 12kg!!!!!!!!!

They are out there bruz!

Butch

Good fish bra! Goes to show they are certainly off Sydney in that offshore high current zone.

Just bumped into Pete Ryan from the long reef fishing club, His PB off Longy is 12kg, the club record, fully weighed at Narrabeen Bait & Tackle and official! 12kg!!!!!!!!!

They are out there bruz!

Butch

Thanks Butch...WOW 12kg, that would have been a monster Red and would have pulled hard, wonder how long that was. They are certainly there at the moment! We had another good session on saturday, getting 10 all up and 4 solid reds over 60cm... ill post some pics.