Kingfish with video

Formosan

Hi Guys..

Forecast predicted a small window of good conditions yesterday, So went to some place close to check if the kingy population has improved. Hooked up to a few on the Downrigger and plastics and filmed them. Looks to be plenty around not any good size yet.

No pics sorry..just sharing a video.

post-7044-0-74652500-1382240668_thumb.jpg

http://youtu.be/s4-tMNJmFfM

Edited by Catchin Jack
fixed youtube link :)

Nice one mate =)

Thanks mate..Did you head out this weekend? How did the bait tank go? :)

on ya formosan :thumbup: seen a guy cleaning a kingy at the table today so there not far away from the bay

Thanks Gazza, I think the Kings are inside by now. I have caught legals at Molly in September.

nice work mate, well done. gona have a crack at them 2 morrow. were u north or south?

Thanks..South mate, Good luck tomorrow.

Keep it up with the vids mate, love it.

Thanks.. I take it you have seen the other vids?

Great Video

I noticed the same thing headed out Saturday with another boat landed about 24 rats between us, all about 55cm - 63cm caught on yakkas and soft plastics. I got blown away by one but my mistake for bringing out the lighter rods for a bit of fun after getting a bit cocky with the smaller ones.

Great Video

I noticed the same thing headed out Saturday with another boat landed about 24 rats between us, all about 55cm - 63cm caught on yakkas and soft plastics. I got blown away by one but my mistake for bringing out the lighter rods for a bit of fun after getting a bit cocky with the smaller ones.

Thanks Tom. Good to hear they are taking Yakkas ..24 rats that's a lot of catch and release..a lotta fun on light gear.. I was using squid and they weren't that easy to come by that day.

nice work mate. your catch rate is huge.

Thanks Erroll.

Yer we collected about 20 yakkas each and we ran out after about an hour and a half.

That's good to know about the squid we weren't the only ones having trouble, we tried collecting them for half an hour but only ended up with one, and unfortunately my mate dropped it overboard pretty disappointing after all that work.

But it was a pretty good day catching them small kingy's hopefully the bigger ones move in soon.

Man got to do it. Rarely use the rigger and travel north all the time close to the cliffs trawling lures. Mainly getting salmon and Bonnie's. Will have send the lives down on the way out. You look and find often baitfish that kings hanging around?

Hey Tony, awesome footage. They look amazing underwater. Like Zarn said cant wait to see a hoodie trying to drive his head into the bottom hehe.

Ive been toying around with my new gopro cant wait to try it out

cheers Daniel