Port Stephens

saintdylan

Hi guys up in port for the next ten days looking for any advice on what's biting and where. Looking to fish a bit inside with the girls and my young nieces and nephews and also offshore for kings, snapper etc. Fished a lot up here for marlin but not much for other species. Any advice would be great.

Scratchie,

Can I push my luck and ask for that PM also? Spending 10 days in Anna bay and launching at Soldiers point.

Would love to target some kings on the jig/live baits. I have Kingie fever at the moment.

Thanks.

Alex

No problem. Anna bay a beautiful place! Pm sent

Hi Scratchie,

I know I am pushing the envelope further but can I get the PM advice also... i have borrowed a mates trailer boat and will spend a week in Nelson Bay with the kids in February. Weird coincidence ....I noticed on your profile your born on September 28...so am I ....and so is the mate who is lending me the boat!

Cheers

Clynton

Hi Scratchie,

I know I am pushing the envelope further but can I get the PM advice also... i have borrowed a mates trailer boat and will spend a week in Nelson Bay with the kids in February. Weird coincidence ....I noticed on your profile your born on September 28...so am I ....and so is the mate who is lending me the boat!

Cheers

Clynton

Hmmmmmm, voodoo! No problem mate. Message me when it's closer to the time you are up here. The fishing changes around that time so that way my info is more current and relevant.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Raiders,

There are many raiders that holiday up here at port stephens and are looking for information.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you wish regarding locations, rigs, species etc. and I will give you all the current info I can. I have placed all gps marks for the area, in the gps section. These are the marks I use!

You never know I might catch up for a fish or you might see me on the water sometime!

Look for a Haines hunter named scratchie!

But also remember that it takes time to provide feedback and reply to many pm's, so the courtesy of thank you, goes a long way!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hi Scratchie, any advice for a land based fisho? :) ill be staying up at Soldiers Point for a week with the mrs and will pretty much be fishing everyday.. ive got a boat but not bringing it up :( .. keen to catch some bread and butter species and hopefully some squid if theres anywhere that is accessible.. Cheers Joe

Hi Scratchie, any advice for a land based fisho? :) ill be staying up at Soldiers Point for a week with the mrs and will pretty much be fishing everyday.. ive got a boat but not bringing it up :( .. keen to catch some bread and butter species and hopefully some squid if theres anywhere that is accessible.. Cheers Joe

Pm sent

if only u got a couple of bucks for every informative post or pm u sent scratchie u would be driving a bar crusher in no time lol

It's alright longy, I learn from everyone else too! I've met some top blokes and when I come to Sydney to fish I don't even need a boat! I enjoy reading everyone's post. Fishing is a school you never graduate from! It's all good!!!

Hi Scratchie

You are so helpfull with all your posts,

I don't need any help, but could you just send me the fish.

Thanks

Grandad,

ps Be kind

I may be moving up there next year.

Thanks grandad, and just for your info, the last 3 jewy I caught I gave away! Big mistake, I now get asked for them all the time.

The move up here will be the best decision you make in your life! Absolute paradise!

Hi Scratchie.

Could you help out a poor old sod who has been up there 1for the last 7 years around Xmas and never caught anything but flatties.

Would love some GPS marks for those famous kingies.....thinking of heading up there around mid-late January.

When are you opening your tackle shop Scratchie? Lol

Nah I'm not that good! Just had the privilege to work these waterways for about 15years and have lived here for the last 2 1/2 years. All my spare time is divided between the kids and fishing and where possible combine the two!

Scratchie - just start a charter business :P

Not after today's effort. Couldn't catch a cold in the arctic! But I did lead a fellow raider out and he got a 2-3kg snapper on his boat! So many bait fish about and no pelagics! I was very disappointed. :(