Trolling for Bull Sharks

Blood Knot

Had not had the boat on the water for a few months so took the opportunity whilst my son was around to get on the water, top up the fuel tank with fresh fuel and make sure every thing still worked. (And maybe wet a line for an hour or so)

Launched at Wharf Rd ramp around lunch time and took off down to towards the harbour. Found some tailor on the surface down near white bay and had a bit of fun with them.

Heading back to the ramp we got waived down for a tow by some guys who had made themselves a floating picnic table and were putting in the day emptying the contents of their esky into themselves whilst floating around in the Parramatta River.

Just the sort of thing I would have thought was a great idea when I was their age, but on reflection could have been an accident waiting to happen one way or the other.

Was glad to help them get off the water and towed them back to Kissing Point ramp.

The spokesmen for the group made a very patriotic speech and thanked me for being a "real aussie" and offered gifts of beer.

Kids LOL

post-99-0-00421100-1391229234_thumb.jpeg

You gotta love the Aussie spirit!

Anywhere else in the world they would not even think of doing that because:

1 the water is too polluted

2 the water is too cold

3 the authorities would ban it

4 it just isn't done you know

5 have to get a permit

Live bait on a plate, it doesn't get much better than that.

Cheers

Paikea

Yeah gotta love Aus, especially in this day and age when things can get overly politically correct. Reminds me of Mark Webber hitching a ride back to the pits on Alonso's car and also taking off his helmet in his final race which is symbolic in giving the FIA the finger. :au: