calamari or Dollies?

Basil D

Hi guys. We planned to go out for Mahi at the fads but the weather was playing up With the weather sites again. We stayed in the hacking collecting bait and a feed. We won't going home without a feed and ended up with some reefies and one just legal king. And off all the jigs we tried our five dollars jigs did the damage and a bag of green eyes for the table. Just one of those bleak days turned into a good one. Moved around a fair bit to get a feed and had a ball doing so.

post-8352-0-85773800-1394748046_thumb.jpg

post-8352-0-63740200-1394748070_thumb.jpg

A few big ones there, will make for some good feeds. (no wonder I cannot find them, you caught them all)

Swell will be picking up later in the weekend, from the cyclone near New Zealand.

I thought dollies look different.....lol nice work mateTight lines!, Shakeel

turned down dollies in the wind for some lollies instead ;) still would have liked to get out to the fads.always next time. Wish had the boat. Edited by Groper

Yes the wind was blowing yesterday morning. We were ready to go out and chase dollies but we made the decision to go to work and take another day off when the weather gods are friendlier. Spending the day in the hacking was very tempting. The dollies have been great fun this year so will get out one day next week.

You certainly caught some good squid and with all those squid the kings were probably ready to jump into the boat.

See you out on the water sometime.

bruce

Great haul there mr. Groper. Your going to have to show me your secret! I manage a few but to be honest I don't target them that much. A shame you couldn't get out chasing dollys, they are the best to eat. And after bringing home a few the other day, they are a family favourite!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Great haul there mr. Groper. Your going to have to show me your secret! I manage a few but to be honest I don't target them that much. A shame you couldn't get out chasing dollys, they are the best to eat. And after bringing home a few the other day, they are a family favourite!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

I think we think about it too hard, we think squiding is hard when its basic, I still I do that with all type of fishing, when the fish or calamari etc are there you will catch your fare share as long as we stick to basic and keep trying.

Well done again Basil...

Thanks.

well done. gota love those days that end up being good. but calamari or dollies. its a hard one i love them both.

+1

The squid king strikes again! awesome haul Basil! Some of them are huge!

I'll take calamari over dollies any day hehe.

I can name a few Kings that taught me and I didnt catch the most but caught my share.

Excellent catch groper!!

Should feed the family and stock the fridges for a while!!

they go too quick as we are fasting from meats and dairy for the orthodox easter, we are allowed callamri so they go quick and this time of year we go through a lot of them

Great haul of inkers there well done :)

Thanks Krispy, good luck on sunday.