Cowan - Magic location to Fish

DeanFish

Raiders,

Went for a flick last weekend in Cowan Creek. I had never fished these areas before and it was more of a fact finding trip as i had heard it is a great spot to fish. The water is cool now and the fishing wasn't great but i will definitely be back for more.

We dropped the boat in at Apple Tree Bay and just went from bay to bay checking them out. The water is crystal clear and gets very shallow up the end of each bay. The bottom has nice patches of weed and nipper holes all over the place so i dare say it will be a top spot in summer for whiting.

We ended up in Smiths creek which has some much deeper water and we managed 1 Amberjack and 1 flathead both caught on a Gulp grub with a1/8th Jighead on 4lb line . The footage is not as exciting as other trips out but worth a look just to check out how nice a place this is to fish.

An average day fish wise but its great when we find areas that are also a pleasure to fish.

Cheers,

Dean

Edited by DeanFish

Nice one guys, really is a fantastic looking part of the world up there, fished there quite a bit and loved the sandstone cliffs etc. Nice little amberjack too! Never seen one up that way before haha. Keep it up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

nice work deano,some bumper bream up there this time of year.The water is always like glass and the current runs much slower than the hawkesbury,Never did much good in smiths but the old man has a few stories, the hairltail get up there ,not getting a head start for the social are we?

Diesel...Na, not sure if ill make the social unfortunately (never say never though)

Stevefish, for some reason these nice spots lack fish at times. I can't work out why but I find it to be the case quite regularly (excluding bass in freshwater) which is a bummer as they are very comfortable to fish.

Yeah, designed and rated to either 2 x 50hp or 1 x 70hp. Thought it was weird when I purchased it but spoke to the manufacturer and apparently designed to operate effectively with either option. Great boat for its size

We have a bigger boat and go to smiths creek for a few days at a time. The only place we have caught fish is whiting off the shallow water in front of the low tide beach at the bottom. The mouth produces fish I am told it have never fished there as we like to peace and quiet found further in. Down on the moorings there is mobile reception the rest is a black hole.

Yeah, designed and rated to either 2 x 50hp or 1 x 70hp. Thought it was weird when I purchased it but spoke to the manufacturer and apparently designed to operate effectively with either option. Great boat for its size

Ok cool.