Gray's Point (land based) at Swallow Rock Reserve

Was here yesterday (28.06.2014) between 11-1, and it was extremely quiet, even the blokes on the boats had no luck. I took the chance to explore the area and found nice little secluded fishing spots at the end of Grays Point Road, where you can park your car and find little trails down to some ledges. Fish were better there but only hooked onto a bream worth taking home.

A very pretty area, but I have never seen many fish caught there unless from a boat.

Might be worthwhile walking the shore from the boat ramp and casting lures. Always been going to try that but havent got around to it yet.

Cheers

Paikea

Was here yesterday (28.06.2014) between 11-1, and it was extremely quiet, even the blokes on the boats had no luck. I took the chance to explore the area and found nice little secluded fishing spots at the end of Grays Point Road, where you can park your car and find little trails down to some ledges. Fish were better there but only hooked onto a bream worth taking home.

Go down the end of Grays Point Rd, park your car and walk down the track onto grays point sand flats.

On the low tide you can pump yabbies at your feet and fish into the channel.

I've caught a few good bream, whiting and flathead at this spot in the past using the yabbies, peeled prawns, and squid strips when I use to fish shore based.

Early morning or late arvo/night seem to be the best times to fish the hacking.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Been going to Grays point, lately. Lots of giant sting rays; I'm talking bonnet size. They're mostly harmless; just be prepared to kick about when wading in waters.highly recommend neoprene shoes. Channels also produce blue swimmers. 

No need to bring bait; just pump the yabbies