What a GEM day!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

I made the trek down to Sydney yesterday with my young fella for his first gamefishing experience on board "anyfin". Fellow raider Witha joined Gerry, john and myself for his first experience too!

We had a plan of hitting 12mile, then to browns and then off for a troll for the arvo. So we hit the 12 mile early with jigs at the ready and the sea was kinda sloppy. It was the first time jigging at this depth for jnr and witha and I'd only done it a couple of times. Well, there were fish there, Gerry hooked but lost one and between me and jnr I think we owe Gerry a few jigs! Witha was like a machine and kept at it the whole time but unfortunately we came up empty after our 4 drifts. Bloody hardwork that was.

post-24974-0-55901200-1407278048_thumb.jpg

Then we headed off to browns and we greeted by a stack of boats. Knowing there was a few raiders I thought I'd put a call out to see what's happening and was greeted by fellow raider Oziodin who outlined a drift for us and put us straight onto the fish. Cheers mate!!! First drop of the electric and we're on, nice and managed to get it in before we were completely sharked. After jigging for that time and the depths of browns we were so appreciative of that electric reel.

post-24974-0-27786700-1407278431_thumb.jpg

We caught 3 in 3 drops thanks to some fresh PS squid and decided after losing 3 weights a one rig that it was time to leave.

We began the troll towards heatons about 12 and the wind was not as predicted(funny that) and it made for some pretty sloppy seas. Really warm water at 19.8 and no bait or birds to be seen wasn't looking good for the fin. We worked until the tide change then pulled our lures with out turning reel. Didn't hear of any other boats hooking up either. So we headed off for home with a nice cold beer and at least a feed for our efforts.

Overall, it was a gem day on the water, always learning and enjoying! It was great to meet up with Witha and take my boy on his first big boat experience. Thanks to Gerry as always and john for driving in a sweet ride!

post-24974-0-58501800-1407279011_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Yesterday was an absolute ball. Had an epic first adventure on a game boat, thanks again to Scratchie for the invite, amd Gerry for having me on! And John the pilot...that bloke is an absolute surgeon. Precision driving at its finest. Was a privilege to learn from such great blokes, and take home a feed of gemmies! That electric reel...what a godsend haha. My arms all bruised up from learning to jig on Scratchies Tyrnos! Super fun way to fish but damn it takes it out of you! Gotta blood that Spheres soon scratch.

Thought I'd battle with seasickness but such a big boat and a couple of cheeky beverages made the day perfect. Thanks again guys. I'll be back for more!

Couple of happy snaps

jy8uqe3a.jpg

asysevam.jpg

7uqeje6e.jpg

taqyvy5e.jpg

a4ejaga3.jpg

egyvahab.jpg

a5eraheg.jpg

Hi Jeff. Was a good day out there caught 3 . 1 x 8 kg 1 x 4.5 kg 1x 5 kg lost 3 rigs 2 of them sharked " bugger" we are In their terotory that fishing . Left when we waved 11ish trolled back got busted off ones other nothing else . Still a great day . Heading out to browns on Saturday morning then 12 mile on the way back . Any day Foshing beats work . "Tycho 2 " if any Raiders is out there on Saturday give me a call on channel 21 Cheers. Oziodin