Make your own plan!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Headed out today with a mate in his boat and we were keen to get a few to weigh in for our fishing club. We only decided Thursday to head out over a few beers with no real plan in mind. So we get to ramp at 6am, launch and straight out the heads. We were greeted by some really wind blown chop which made drifting for livies a real pain in the ass! Then my mates bait well didn't work, the slimies weren't there, but there were more sweep than you could poke a stick at. We decide to head straight up to broughton with the bait we've got and catch some up there. With the conditions the way they were we headed wide a little and set out the lures to troll up there. I explained we needed to troll at no more than 8knot but I think that was lost somewhere in translation hence the chance of landing anything. So we were at least there in time for a few snapper in my favourite spot but we seem to continue past there and over to his spot. Hmmmm!!!! Ok new plan. Well, we wasted the best part of the morning dropping baits with pickets everywhere. I decided to change bait and rig. I drop down and come up tight. Nice little fight with a few head shakes and up comes a nice 60cm sand flatty and a PB for me on that species.

post-24974-0-41919400-1426315558_thumb.jpg

I was pretty happy with that but this was the snapper spot, hmmmm!

Anyway, we moved around from place to place and caught a million sweep, wrasse, baker and enough just legal size snapper to start an aquarium but nothing I was after. We managed 5 decent sized flatty for the table. But you learn something every time you go fishing and today for me, it was to make my own plan! It was still great to be out with a mate on the water.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nice report Geoff.

Shame no one can see your pretty face in the photo!! We're you scared of the competition from the lizard?? ;)

I know what you mean about fishing someone else's boat. Some times you feel you could do it better your own way.

Great you got a feed.

Nice report Geoff.

Shame no one can see your pretty face in the photo!! We're you scared of the competition from the lizard?? ;)

I know what you mean about fishing someone else's boat. Some times you feel you could do it better your own way.

Great you got a feed.

Nothing pretty about my face steve! I've got a good head for the radio!

Certain areas fish better at different times. I've spent enough time to know when to be where! Bit trying new spots can sometimes be rewarding.

Water temp was 23.7