Rose Bay, 26/10/14

adamski

Hey Raiders,

Girlfriend and I got invited to a barbie at her best friend's new place right on the beach at Rose Bay. Got asked to bring my rod along and try to catch something for dinner. Fished the flats and managed a couple of little flatties in the space of about an hour right at low tide. Didn't have any lemon or herbs, but they turned out quite nice with just salt and pepper (shared between about 6 folk, so I'm not too worried that they'd take us all over the recommended intake!). Best thing was the girlfriend had a wade out with me and tried a couple of casts on the rod. Think I might manage to get her into this fishing malarky!

post-33473-0-94067400-1414325937_thumb.jpg

post-33473-0-65946500-1414325955_thumb.jpg

Edited by adamski

" I'll just catch us a feed" ... isn't it great when a plan comes off.

Although I hate to be reminded that there is a recommended maximum "dosage"

Not much gets me down but that sure does.

Anyway, 30 seconds later I'm over that!

Good job again and I'm looking forward to the next post.

Cheers

Cheers guys, gotta say it felt pretty good! :sun:

nice one - gonna head down after work today for a quick flick if the weather holds out. what sp's did the damage?

Hey man, it was a wasabi wriggler on a 1/8th with a bit of s-factor. Casting into the drop off just opposite the sailing club bang on low tide, just giving it little hops.

Let me know if you fancy a flick some time this weekend there or Double Bay- I'll have the new combo up and running then, but might not risk the new reel with the sand on the beach.

Good luck for today, looking forward to your report.

Hey Gianni,

Stradic at the mo, but I'll have to check my bank balance to see whether it'll be the FJ or the Ci4. Might try the freams too on the rod. Any recommendations for sizes on the Itchy Twitchy? Was thinking 2000, but I don't know whether to go smaller.

Edited by adamski

Cheers guys, gotta say it felt pretty good! :sun:

Hey man, it was a wasabi wriggler on a 1/8th with a bit of s-factor. Casting into the drop off just opposite the sailing club bang on low tide, just giving it little hops.

Let me know if you fancy a flick some time this weekend there or Double Bay- I'll have the new combo up and running then, but might not risk the new reel with the sand on the beach.

Good luck for today, looking forward to your report.

Got down there and was copping about a 50km nw'ster straight in the face, gave it about half an hour but was nearly getting blown off my feet and the wind was whipping water off the surface so wanted to get my reel out of there asap. Going to have another try this arvo, hopefully it will have calmed down a bit.

P.S. on the reel sitch, ive been using a little 2500 stradic FJ w/ 3lb power pro - cruisey little reel, super comfortable to use.

Definitely keen for a flick on the weekend, let me know when your keen!