Trev weekend

Vendee

Hi All,

Joedee's report.

After losing a big fish the previous weekend, took this Friday off to try again. Started off with a Sgt Baker which I kept as the Mrs cooks it very well. Only downside for her having to remove a bone in my gums near the molars. Changed spot and plastic and immediately hooked on to 3 decent trevally

Using a 2-5 kg rod with 4 kg braid and 12 lb leader, had a lot of fun as none of the trevs were willing to give up easily and were making me move rather than me controlling them. The middle bigger one which was 45 cms plus fought for 10 mins atleast and then I had him at the rock ledge but each time I tried to dead lift him out of the water, he would make a short dash. This went on for another 5 mins till I realized that he was just moving with the swell and was too heavy to lift him off and it was only his weight and the swell that had the line coming off the spool. He was already tired and so was I but netting him alone off the ledge with the water a good metre below was no joke and took another 10 mins as I had to wait for the right swell.

On sun went with Snapfisher (hope thats his Id) and went back. First cast lost a big one and then nothing for the next 6 hours whilst he kept picking up pike and sweep. Then suddenly I was on and got in one at abt 44 CM. Next he was up and picked one at abt 47 cm. After that we called it a day and left as we were too tired by then. The bragmat photos are from Sun session and the 4 together are from my Friday solo. Posting from mobile on way to work so go easy. Ignore rod in photo as its my back up drummer rod

post-34147-0-77446100-1415738002_thumb.jpg

post-34147-0-66339500-1415738077_thumb.jpg

post-34147-0-29194500-1415738105_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vendee