Double Bay, 22/11/14

adamski

G'Day Raiders!

Headed down to Double Bay today for a flick before tomorrow's scorcher. Started off along the rock wall and got plenty of nibbles from leather jackets and small bream, but stayed away from the wharf as there were loads of people waiting on ferries and water taxis.

Eventually the crowds died down and I stuck on a 2" camo crabby on a 1/16th and had a wander round for a few casts at the wharf pylons while it was quiet. A few small bites on the first few casts and then BAM on the drop! Thing takes off like a train under the wharf and I think I'm onto another rat like a few weeks ago. Manage to tighten up the drag on it and bring it out, then had to loosen the drag again as it was still full of fight. After a good few mins of back and forth, mostly spent with me with my heart in my mouth, the fish gets tired, comes to the surface and it's not a little kingie but a big old bream. New net came to the rescue, scooped it up and it measured 40 cm, smashing my PB by about 12 cm.

post-33473-0-44469400-1416629758_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-33107100-1416629728_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-07828200-1416629744_thumb.jpg

Crowds came back 15 mins later, huge group of Sydney Uni students waiting on a party cruise and already half drunk, so I made my get away on the next ferry.

Thanks guys, nice to get a fish that's actually worthy of the brag mat for a change :)

Mate! What a stonker! So much for "I just want to crack 30cm :P"
Epic bream mate well done!

Haha! Cheers man, I was gonna text ya when I landed it, but left my phone at home.

Nice bro, keep or return?

Generally I practise catch and release, cos most of my fishing's done west of the bridge, but today I kept it.

Awesome adam

A forty on a plastic is a trophy fish and something worth bragging about

Whack a shoe next to it, take a photo and submit for COTM

Cheers Gianni

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha! Cheers dude, I didn't get a pic with a shoe, does that mean it doesn't qualify for COTM? ;) Not sure it's quite big enough to go into that category just yet, I'll leave that for the people out there who catch pelagics.

That's a ripper bream! (I wonder if it's the same one I caught at Tuross earlier in the year, haha.)

I know the heart in throat feeling precisely with a fish like that on the end of the line, basically doing what it want to do for the first few minutes.

You did better than me, though. I used bait for mine. You finnessed yours with SP. That's gotta add to the feeling of accomplishment.

Hope it tasted every bit as good as it looks. Maintain the rage, Adamski. Well done!

Haha! Cheers dude, I didn't get a pic with a shoe, does that mean it doesn't qualify for COTM? ;) Not sure it's quite big enough to go into that category just yet, I'll leave that for the people out there who catch pelagics.

Great catch Adam, and you are more than welcome to submit that fish for cotm! In the first photo it is clearly visible you are wearing footwear. Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

She's a beaut for DB! Nice work - might have to invest in some of those crabbies!

Yeah man, that bream was on a 2" Gulp. Seems like fish will have a go at the whole lure in that size (had another hookup with a decent fish shortly after on the same profile), whereas I find the larger sizes tend to get picked apart- I must have been through 2-3 packs since I started targeting bream a few weeks ago! Quite a few raiders have recommended the powerbait crabbies too if you can get your hands on them, seem to be more durable.