Hacking yesterday

hookerbruce

Worked on sat. Then xmas shop then gardening sun only left sun evening for a fish.

left home at 4pm. loaded up with some poddies then nippers at mainbar.

Fished the sand flat at lilli pilli for too long as the fish weren't playing. Could be they were keeping away from loud music

coming from the cruisers. caught a throwback whiting couple of rays,3 blueswimmers and a 38cm bream.

Finally had to up anchor and chase a big one that grabbed a mullet on a 2kg mono outfit.

About 15min later after a lot of chasing and backing down and trying to go sideways managed to net a very angry

shag with a very long sharp beak. Untangled the line, removed the hook and released it safely.

Then moved out to the deeper water hoping for a jew. No luck but in between the continuous stream of small pinkies did manage a 55cm flattie and a tailor.

Back at the ramp a t9pm with a nice feed.

That's not a bad catch in 5 hours considering the fishing that's been going on the past few weeks. I'm hoping to hit the hawkesbury with about 4 other boats in a afternoon night and morning fish. We are going to hit a place near Jerusalem bay or point. Hopefully we catch a size Jew or two. Last time we caught two 25cm Jews. Anyways would you have any spots to suggest for jewies at night?

Well Bruce, you did better than me today. You managed a couple of nice fish, with a few blue swimmers as well.

Pumped some nippers at Mainabar, threw one out and pulled a 38cm flattie on the first cast, then the little whiting started. Drifted at various places for mostly small whiting and tarwhine. Each time I had a bite from a bigger fish (over legal) the bloody hook did not hook up, the hook pulled out shortly after or the hook pulled out beside the boat. Not happy.

After a few hours and down to the last few nippers, pulled a flattie of 53cm. Was happy with that until the bastard put a head spike through the back of my hand, hit a vein and my hand was dripping blood like you would see in a horror movie. I'm sure the flattie was looking at my hand moving near him and he lashed out with one head shake right at my hand. Shit happens.

Merry Christmas to all.

Dave.