Bullshark Sydney Harbour Jan 2015

mrsswordfisherman

Yes, saw it on the news I got confused with kingfish? Then I saw rolers on the rod and I t mistook it for billfish! Then I saw a 50w and a nylon coated trace and thought exactly as you all did, ah the elusive bull shark kingfish maybe they should have gone to spec savers.

Yeah sure they were just out there trying to catch Kingfish with 24Kg gear, nylon coated wire trace and stainless steel hooks.

Everyone chases kingfish that way.

Exactly.

Why would you purposely fish for those things so close to where humans enjoy the water? Obviously the sharks are in the waters there but to target them (this one being the 4th that he caught that day) they must have been burleying up and attracting them on purpose I reckon.

i don;t have a problem with anyone catching or killing sharks thats fishing and to be honest i always carry shark traces he may well off had a few kings sharked and if it had happened to me i would off started shark fishing as well but and its a big but to have a 50 tiaga handy is a bit rich for the harbour unless you hunting sharks and still over kill

but i will say from personal experience if the media can't get all the facts or the story is a bit dull they will make up all sorts off bs cheers gary

Nothing wrong with chasing them but they don't need to make a story up like he was just chasing kingfish the other day in that exact same spot I used a 1000 sized reel and a 1-3kg rod to catch the rats around ATM not a 50w it's not like the kings in the harbour ATM are that big that you need a 50w to stop them and I agree with old slaty you should be more afraid of dying in your car than getting eaten by a shark

Guys I was on the water fishing with my young bloke and watched these guys catch this. They target them and it was caught on a banjo shark as bait. I followed them back to Roseville ramp as they slowly dragged it back so my son could see it. They claimed they would get it stuffed by a taxidermist.

Guys I was on the water fishing with my young bloke and watched these guys catch this. They target them and it was caught on a banjo shark as bait. I followed them back to Roseville ramp as they slowly dragged it back so my son could see it. They claimed they would get it stuffed by a taxidermist.

Holy cow "banjo shark as bait"...... Yeah I'm not sure if that's a gun kingie bait haha

I've been wanting to try this for a while now, might give me the motivation to do it! Anchor up burley burley burley and pit a nice slab out can't be that hard, I'd just keep a pair of side cutters on me and cut the trace and let the shark swim off with a new piercing. I couldn't think of anything worse than having 200kg of shark meat hahaha

Holy cow "banjo shark as bait"...... Yeah I'm not sure if that's a gun kingie bait haha

Just thinking the same thing.... Although it makes sense, to my understanding most bigger sharks feed on rays a fair bit.

Hopefully the guy didn't have a massive chum slick out.. seems a little stupid inside the Harbour.