95% waiting for 5% mayhem!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

It's been a while between posts due to everything conspiring against me not to get out but that was going to happen today or yesterday.

Firstly yesterday, boarded vengeance for a recon mission and when I found out I was the only decky I thought I best give scratchie jnr the day off school and come join the big boys. With reports from damo on reef magic and the day they had prior, I was pretty excited to get amongst them. But as game fishing goes expect the unexpected. We headed out, great conditions and tried everywhere and everything and couldn't raise a fish! We headed home and tried one last spot and the long corner goes off. Well today was not about me, so I told the boy to harness up while I cleared the lines and saddled him up for his first ever marlin! He kept calm, played the fish well and we tagged and released the little black in no time!

post-24974-0-25822300-1423903054_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-39400500-1423903130_thumb.jpg

It only went 35-40kg but at 14yo he can say he's got his first, couldn't be prouder!

Today however, was my turn and I headed out this time with fellow raiders Gerry and Dom. Hoping for a few fish like the success we had last year. Collected our livies, bonito a bit scarce but managed a few and set off with the other 1000 boats. Changed from lures to skip baits as we approached the car park and the rigger goes off. I'm riding strike and settle in knowing this could be a good fish as it's taken the bonito. Get our first glimpse and it looks pretty small but was giving me some stick. In fact as I was adjusting my harness it nearly pulled me out the boat. It was stubborn and dove deep but with some words of encouragement (sledging-wind you big girl) we get it traced and it nearly rips the deckys hand off. Anyway a safe release and we called it for a 100kg+ black! Stoked!

post-24974-0-80345300-1423903693_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, that was it for the day but then nothing!

Thanks go to Gerry and the boys! And Andrew on vengeance and stickybeak for organizing it.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks guys.

Tbh, a few years ago it wouldn't have be a thought or possible to chase beaks. But due to meeting and engaging, the generous and passionate fishos of this stagnating website, I now have a few under my belt and my son his first! I'm very lucky!

You got the feeling back in your arms yet mate

It was a little bit tuff out wide on Saturday with most of the action being up at seal rocks

Sunday the little blacks fired out the front of port and we ended up with 4 from 8 and back in the pen by 2.00 pm they were also up at seal rocks

Those that went wide of the carpark copped a wet ride home with the n/Easter blowing at 25 to 30 knots

Great to have you and Dom on board pity we couldent get the second one to stick

You got the feeling back in your arms yet mate

It was a little bit tuff out wide on Saturday with most of the action being up at seal rocks

Sunday the little blacks fired out the front of port and we ended up with 4 from 8 and back in the pen by 2.00 pm they were also up at seal rocks

Those that went wide of the carpark copped a wet ride home with the n/Easter blowing at 25 to 30 knots

Great to have you and Dom on board pity we couldent get the second one to stick

Cheers Gerry. The feeling came back yesterday! He was a bloody stubborn fish that didn't want to see our faces! Glad you had a run on Sunday!

Well done Scractchie and especially Tyran for his first ever marlin bet you were very proud dad that day can't wait for my boys to get there first one

We ended up with a grand slam for the weekend - 80kg blue. - 100kg black and a 70kg stripe marlin all released to fight another

day

Langers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Scractchie and especially Tyran for his first ever marlin bet you were very proud dad that day can't wait for my boys to get there first one

We ended up with a grand slam for the weekend - 80kg blue. - 100kg black and a 70kg stripe marlin all released to fight another

day

Langers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff langers! And thanks heaps mate for organising the day out with me and my boy! It was really awesome watching him fight the fish and yes I'm very proud. Wish I caught one at 14yo!

Speak for yourself Scratchie!!! He looked happy to see Gerry and Cliff, just concerned about the bloke behind the reel locked in the chair!! Great day out with the comedy club!!!

Shame we didn't get you in there! Would of loved to hear the lines cliffy had in store for you!

Your up next time champ!