My First Beakie :-)

vo2c88

It seemed to be a long time coming, maybe not but my goal this season was to target and land a beakie on my own 5.5m centre cab. I cannot explain the drive ive had given the fact this is my first year targetting beakies with which the first three trips saw 3 fish raised and hooked but dropped throughout the fight. We all had a good feeling this time and boy did our dreams come true. Trolled out of botany on Saturday heading south in 70fathoms. 1 hour in and the long rigger goes off and all hell broke loose. Surely we weren't going to drop this one. Decks were cleared in seconds, everyone knew their role somewhat and we settled in the fight. The leader got touched 4 times throughout the fight but this fish was not going to give up too easily. 45 mins later it was now or never, matty grabbed the leader then beak and held on for dear life. This fish still had some kick in her, poor matty was being thrown around line a rag doll but he held on enough to calm the fish down. With scream and shouts echoing our dream was realised. We targeted and caught a nice black, quick snaps and back she went after a swim beside the boat. Thankyou to everyone from fishraider who have helped along the way, scratchie and Gerry especially. Now for another one :-)post-16473-0-10247900-1424604310_thumb.jpgpost-16473-0-64733000-1424604334_thumb.jpgpost-16473-0-88260700-1424604357_thumb.jpgpost-16473-0-89323900-1424604390_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah baby!!! Awesome stuff Vic. I know the efforts you have been to in wanting that first beak on your boat. As I said, it's more about time than anything else. Well mate, you've done it. I'm sure that beer on the way home was pretty special.

Great stuff, I'm really happy for you! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!